Leeds United completed their final pre-season game of the summer with a 1-1 draw against AC Milan in Dublin on Saturday, with Anton Stach shining in a Leeds shirt.
Of all the Leeds players, it was summer signing Anton Stach that shone the most. Not only did the big German score Leeds’ goal, a curling effort from the edge of the box, but he was excellent throughout.
Plenty of Leeds’ other new signings were on show, too. Lucas Perri started in goal for the first time after overcoming his hamstring issue, while Gabriel Gudmundsson started for Leeds on the left of defence.
Gudmundsson, Perri and Stach are all expected to start against Everton next Monday, while Jaka Bijol is suspended for the Premier League opener. Lukas Nmecha and Sean Longstaff made substitute outings.
Isaac Schmidt, meanwhile, started for the second consecutive pre-season friendly and was largely at fault for Milan’s goal. He deputised for the injured Jayden Bogle, who remains sidelined with a hip problem.
Daniel Farke Leeds manager.
Photo by Pat Scaasi | MI News/NurPhoto via Getty Images
Bryn Law shares what he has heard about Jayden Bogle’s injury
Earlier in pre-season, Bogle starred against Man United but when Leeds returned to play Villarreal at Elland Road, he was nowhere to be seen. Losing the £5m signing is a real blow ahead of Everton.
There is still hope that the former Sheffield United man, who had a hand in 11 goals in 45 games for Leeds from right-back last season, could be fit to face Everton when The Toffees come to Elland Road.
Jayden Bogle ahead of Leeds' clash against Sheff Utd.
Photo by Naomi Baker/Getty Images
Speaking during commentary on LUTV, Bryn Law shared that Leeds would be without Bogle for a “little while”, which is likely to prevent Schmidt from completing a move to Werder Bremen this summer.
MORE LEEDS UNITED STORIES
“Down the right-hand side is one of the problem areas for Leeds United, still no Jayden Bogle. It might be a little while until we see him back again. There is an issue to be resolved there,” Law said, on LUTV.
What Daniel Farke said about Jayden Bogle’s return timeline
After the Villarreal game, Farke said he was ‘concerned’ by the injury to Bogle. On Saturday, Farke gave a new update regarding Bogle and informed supporters that there is still a chance he is fit for Everton.
Farke said: “He’s back out on the grass doing some individual work. Out two weeks, it’s not ideal. I hope to have him back during the next week, so he can become a topic for the squad against Everton.
“He’s an important player for us and of course, I hope he will make it and then also be ready to play. We will see. He has missed the last two weeks, not ideal preparation for the first game,” Farke continued.
Given the shakiness of Schmidt’s performance on the right, albeit against an impressive attacker in Noah Okafor, Farke will be desperate to get Bogle back or bring in a new right-back ahead of Everton’s visit.