tbrfootball.com

Report: What Samu Aghehowa wants to do now after hearing that Newcastle United want to sign him

Samu Aghehowa is the latest striker to be linked with a move to Newcastle United.

The Magpies have had a really frustrating window so far. They have faced rejections from a number of their targets, the most recent of which was Benjamin Sesko, who joined Manchester United on Saturday.

To make matters worse, Alexander Isak remains keen to leave Newcastle and is currently training away from his teammates.

Eddie Howe desperately needs a new striker, and many feel Samu would be a great option. But, there is some bad news.

Samu Aghehowa is aware of Newcastle’s interest but wants to stay at Porto

Samu Aghehowa has impressed everyone over the last 12 months.

The Spaniard was signed by FC Porto from Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2023, and he became an instant hit at the Estádio do Dragão.

Samu scored 27 goals in all competitions for the Dragons last season, matching Isak’s tally for the Magpies in England in 2024/25.

TBR Football revealed that Samu has been offered to Newcastle by intermediaries in recent days, and there is interest from the Magpies as well.

However, Portuguese news outlet Record has shared some more bad news for Howe’s side.

The report claims that Samu is aware of the interest from Newcastle United, but his aim, as things stand, is to stay at Porto and help them win the Portuguese league title.

It has been claimed that the striker is ‘immune’ to all the noise around his future because his focus is only on his current club.

Samu Aghehowa of FC Porto looks on during the UEFA Europa League match between FC Porto and Olympiacos

Photo by Jose Manuel Alvarez Rey/JAR Sport Images/NurPhoto via Getty Images

What Samu has already said about his future at Porto

A move to the Premier League is always attractive to players, and we think there could still be a chance that Newcastle can turn Samu’s head.

However, the former Atletico Madrid striker has publicly claimed that he wants his adventure in Porto to last many more years.

Just a few days ago, Samu said, as per Record: “I want to thank the fans, all those who came to support us. I’m very happy and very excited. The whole team is excited and we can see that the fans are too.

“We are on the right track, working together, and I am very happy. We have come from a difficult season and we have to put FC Porto where it deserves, not to be in 3rd, but to fight for titles. We have to return the club to the place where it deserves and give joy to the fans.”

Samu also said: “I have said in several interviews that all the work and sacrifice I did as a child paid off. I’m fulfilling a dream, playing in a great team in Europe, in the best team in Portugal.

“I’m living a dream and I hope it never ends.”

Read full news in source page