express.co.uk

Man Utd's insane XI with Gianluigi Donnarumma and elite £104m star

After a dismal first six months in charge of Manchester United, there’s very little wriggle room for Ruben Amorim this season. The Portuguese coach will have to hit the ground running, but with £200million worth of investment already ushered into the United squad, optimism is high among the Red Devils faithful.

United don’t look to be stopping there. After penning a deal worth £74million for Benjamin Sesko, attention is turning towards signing a midfielder, with the 20-time champions also linked to a goalkeeper signing as well. On the eve of the new Premier League season, Express Sport have detailed what United’s starting XI could look like after deadline day.

Goalkeeper: Donnarumma

Reports in France suggest Gianluigi Donnarumma has been told he won’t be Paris Saint-Germain’s first-choice goalkeeper next season, after failing to come to an agreement over a new contract. With just one year left on his current deal, Donnarumma has been tipped to leave PSG this summer. United are among the sides said to be keeping tabs and could look to spring a move later on in the window.

Defence: Yoro, Maguire, De Ligt

Youthful energy, experience and a touch of class: United’s prospective back three has it all (on paper at least). Leny Yoro appears to be coming of age after a shaky first season in red, whereas Harry Maguire remains a dependable figure at the back. Matthijs de Ligt should thrive in Amorim’s system, with Noussair Mazraoui and Lisandro Martinez waiting in reserve.

idfield: Amad, Baleba, Fernandes, Dorgu

United fans will be keen to see Carlos Baleba join the club before the September 1 deadline, but it would likely cost a fair amount, considering Brighton are said to be asking for £104m. The 21-year-old would be the perfect partner for Bruno Fernandes in the middle of the park, while Amad and Patrick Dorgu can provide width from wing-back.

Attack: Mbeumo, Sesko, Cunha

The jewel in Amorim’s new-look crown. After finishing the season as the fifth-lowest scorers in the Premier League last term, the ex-Sporting boss set his sights on new forward signings, with the United board having delivered three of them. Sesko is the latest to put pen to paper with the Old Trafford outfit, after Bryan Mbeumo and Matheus Cunha joined earlier in the window. If those three can’t provide goals for Amorim, it probably means his problems are bigger than he thinks.

Read full news in source page