Alexander Isak will not be leaving Newcastle United this summer.
This latest analysis below on the situation, perfectly explaining why.
The summer transfer window closes at 7pm on Monday 1 September.
Another three weeks to go.
However, when we get to 7pm in 21 days time, Alexander Isak will still be a Newcastle United player.
Luke Edwards of The Telegraph via X/Twitter on Alexander Isak – 10 August 2025:
“Latest on Isak situation.
“If Newcastle can sign two strikers of suitable quality and Liverpool make a bid of £150m there is a chance he could be sold.
“The main problems are, Liverpool have not intimated they are willing to offer that amount of money and Newcastle do not believe there are two suitable strikers left on market
“So, to make this simple for simpletons, there is no chance Alexander Isak will be allowed to leave.
“The board told him he’s not for sale.
“His behaviour has forced them to contemplate the terms of what it would take for them to sell.
“Those terms are nowhere near being matched.
“The deadlock will continue.”
As I said above, this latest analysis by the man from The Telegraph perfectly sums up the impasse, why there is in reality no chance of Alexander Isak leaving St James’ Park this summer.
That just as happened with Yohan Cabaye previously at Newcastle United, Harry Kane at Tottenham, many other players at many clubs. Alexander Isak won’t be allowed to leave in this particular window and instead will leave sometime in the future, whilst in the meantime will be at some point integrated back into the group training and the team. How quickly that happens will be down to Alexander Isak, how quickly he finally accepts that this move isn’t happening, not in this window.
Isak having to accept that Liverpool have played him, whether directly or indirectly, got the Sweden international to cause the conflict at Newcastle United to try and help force a way out.
As outlined above, for that have even the remotest chance of happening, Liverpool would first have to meet Newcastle’s £150m or so valuation. Liverpool instead have left Alexander Isak hanging, only offering a derisory £110m and clearly zero intention of making a credible bid. Instead, they have seen it as a free hit, hoping Isak will make Newcastle feel it is impossible to keep the striker in this mess that has developed, NUFC forced to sell him on the cheap.
That is even before you get to Newcastle United then being able to bring in two quality strikers this window.
Yoane Wissa looks set to arrive and he would be seen as second in the pecking order of Newcastle United strikers this coming season, with Alexander Isak or a replacement as number one striker.
We have already seen Liverpool and Man U massively overpay for Ekitike and Sesko respectively. Two strikers who have achieved very little so far and yet their prices each inflated by £25m to £30m, due to how few (potentially) Premier League level strikers are around AND of course the fact that Newcastle United’s interest in each of them had led to Man U and Liverpool paying tens of millions more than they would have hoped to do.
The end of the transfer window coincides with an international break beginning. Unless Alexander Isak makes clear before then that he accepts the reality of the situation, that he is not leaving, then I think after those September internationals will be when the time when Isak comes back into the fold at Newcastle United. Training with the group and available for selection.