Manchester City have reportedly identified Real Madrid attacker Rodrygo as a potential replacement for Savinho this summer.
Recent reports claim that Tottenham Hotspur are in talks with the Citizens over a permanent transfer for Savinho, who would be open to the possibility of joining Thomas Frank’s side.
Spurs are said to have sent a €50m (£43.3m) proposal to Man City, but they want more money and would only be open to selling the 21-year-old Brazil international if their valuation is met.
Tottenham’s ambitious pursuit of Savinho comes as somewhat of a surprise considering that the winger only joined Man City last summer from sister club Troyes for an initial £21m following a successful loan spell at Girona.
Savinho, who recorded three goals and 13 assists in 48 games for Man City last season, still has four years remaining on his contract at the Etihad Stadium, but he could be heading for the exit door before the summer transfer window closes on September 1.
Real Madrid's Rodrygo on December 22, 2024
Man City considering big-money move for Rodrygo before transfer deadline
Meanwhile, Man City have allegedly agreed to loan out-of-favour Jack Grealish to Everton, who will have a £50m option to buy the 29-year-old in the summer of 2026, while James McAtee is edging closer to completing a permanent switch to Nottingham Forest.
With all three Man City players expected to finalise moves away from the club,journalist Fabrizio Romano claims that Pep Guardiola’s side are considering a big-money move for Real Madrid’s Rodrygo.
Romano adds that the Citizens see the 24-year-old as a ‘dream target’ and Guardiola is a ‘big fan’ of the versatile Brazilian attacker.
Real Madrid will allow Rodrygo to leave if the player wishes to, but Man City will be required to fork out €100m (£86.6m) to secure his services this summer.
Real Madrid's Rodrygo waves to the fans before the match on July 31, 2024
Premier League move could be on the cards for Rodrygo this summer
Rodrygo has been strongly linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu throughout this summer after falling out of favour with former head coach Carlo Ancelotti towards the end of last season.
Los Blancos’ No.11 was also limited to only 92 minutes of football across six matches at the FIFA Club World Cup earlier this summer under new boss Xabi Alonso, with the likes of Vinicius Junior, Kylian Mbappe and breakout start Gonzalo Garcia all preferred in attack.
A potential switch to the Premier League for Rodrygo, who has scored 68 goals in 270 games for Real Madrid since joining in 2019, has been mooted for some time, with reigning champions Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur among those said to have held an interest in him.
Spurs will seemingly cool their interest in Rodrygo if they sign Savinho, while it is thought that Liverpool are currently prioritising a record move for Newcastle United striker Alexander Isak.
Arsenal, meanwhile, could be considered as Man City’s biggest threat in the race for Rodrygo, but it is understood that the Gunners will only move for the attacker if he becomes available on loan this summer.
ID:579069:1false2false3false: from db desktop :LenBod:collect6002: