geordiebootboys.com

'I think they're angry': Alan Pardew sticks up for Newcastle over Alexander Isak saga

Former Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew believes the club have every right to be “angry” about the saga that could take Alexander Isak to Liverpool.

Newcastle have rejected Liverpool’s offer for Isak, who has asked to leave St James’ Park this summer.

Isak is desperate to leave and has been criticised by manager Eddie Howe.

The Newcastle United manager says players must earn the “right” to train with the squad, with Isak having missed the pre-season tour of Asia through “injury” before undertaking a private fitness regime in Spain.

Liverpool have not yet returned for Isak, although they are expected to.

Still, Newcastle may not sell the Sweden international until they can find a suitable replacement and that has so far proven to be an arduous process.

Howe has suggested that the situation will not be resolved before the start of the Premier League campaign, which is a major concern. This is a cloud hanging over Newcastle as they look to kick on from their greatest season in living memory.

Pardew, who wasn’t always the most popular among Toon fans, has come out batting for his former side.

Alan Pardew during an Eredivisie game between AZ Alkmaar and ADO Den Haag.

Photo by ANP Sport via Getty Images

MORE NEWCASTLE STORIES

Alan Pardew on Alexander Isak

The ex-Magpies manager was speaking on talkSPORT.

Pardew revealed that he didn’t think Isak’s move to Liverpool could happen at this point and suggested he would be angry about all that’s happened too if he were still at the club.

“The transfer, to me, looks like it can’t be done,” he said.

“I think Newcastle are going to dig their heels in now and I think they’re angry.

"The transfer looks like it can't be done."

"#NUFC are angry & I would be if I was them."

"Isak's handled this so badly. He's doing really bad things"

Alan Pardew rips in to Alexander Isak for his conduct throughout the summer pic.twitter.com/oIKJ2XKBO7

— talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) August 11, 2025

View Tweet

“I would be if I was on the Newcastle board. I would literally like really dig my heels in now, so therefore the fee could go really silly.”

He added: “The problem with Isak is that he’s handled it so badly. He couldn’t have handled it any worse.”

Why Alexander Isak ‘won’t be allowed to leave’ Newcastle United

Luke Edwards of The Daily Telegraph has claimed that Newcastle have blocked Isak’s potential move to Liverpool.

On Sunday evening, Edwards expanded further.

Latest on Isak situation. If Newcastle can sign two strikers of suitable quality and Liverpool make a bid of £150m there is a chance he could be sold.

The main problems are, Liverpool have not intimated they are willing to offer that amount of money and Newcastle do not believe… https://t.co/dblXGkMvbb

— Luke Edwards (@LukeEdwardsTele) August 10, 2025

View Tweet

He revealed that Isak’s behaviour forced the club to consider what it would take for them to sell him.

According to Edwards, Newcastle would have to find two suitable replacements and Liverpool would have to offer £150million.

Edwards then suggested that neither of those things will happen, so Isak simply cannot leave.

Read full news in source page