Southampton winger Tyler Dibling has been linked with a Premier League move throughout the summer transfer window.
Southampton beat Wrexham 2-1 on Saturday afternoon in a comeback victory in Will Still’s first Championship game on the touchline.
Josh Windass scored an early penalty for the visitors, before injury-time goals from Ryan Manning and Jack Stephens turned the result around in the Saints’ favour.
Off the field, Southampton are still heavily involved in the summer transfer window, largely concerned with potential outgoings.
The latest update regarding in-demand winger Tyler Dibling has made his future clear despite the second tier season already starting.
Tyler Dibling reacts during Eastleigh vs Southampton in a Pre-Season Friendly
Photo by Robin Jones/Getty Images
Tyler Dibling continues to train away from Southampton squad
EFL Analysis exclusively revealed last week that Everton and Southampton hit a £5m hurdle in Dibling talks after a second bid worth £43m was rejected, with £8m of that inclusive of add-ons.
We understand that Southampton want a guaranteed fee of £40m, rather than the £35m fee with £8m add-ons.
That update came after Southampton set a new Dibling asking price after the Toffees’ opening bid was rejected.
Ahead of the Red Dragons affair, Dibling was training away on his own, away from the rest of the Southampton squad.
Dibling was left out of the Wrexham clash, with Still commenting on Dibling’s future as well as Mateus Fernandes’.
Now, Sky Sports report: “Dibling is continuing to train away from the main first-team group at Southampton amid doubts about his future.
“However, the club are expected to reassess the situation on Wednesday amid the interest from Everton.
“Dibling may reintegrate back into the squad ahead of Saints’ next Championship game against Ipswich on Sunday.
“The winger is not expected to feature in the Carabao Cup against Northampton (tonight).”
With Dibling’s continued absence from first-team matters making his exit even more likely this summer, Southampton could benefit from cashing in on the former Chelsea prospect.
Will Still during Southampton's pre-season friendly against Eastleigh
Photo by Robin Jones/Getty Images
Southampton should cash in on Tyler Dibling amid Everton links
With the summer transfer window deadline fast approaching, Southampton need to make a decision regarding the future of Dibling.
19-year-old Dibling is under contract at Southampton until the summer of 2027, meaning that if the English starlet remains at the Saints this season, his value next year would decrease with him entering the final year of his deal.
Key statistic Tyler Dibling in 24/25
Games played 38
Goals 4
Assists 2
Tyler Dibling’s statistics for Southampton last season
EFL Analysis’ Chief Football correspondent, Graeme Bailey said: “Tyler Dibling wants this move. I am told that he is impressed with David Moyes and the project.
“Moyes has really pushed for this, he thinks Dibling is one of the most talented young players in England and this would be something of a coup for Everton to get him.”
Therefore, although Southampton would reluctantly part with such a supreme talent, the move would feasibly suit all parties and allow the transfer saga to be resolved.