nottinghampost.com

Nottingham Forest hit roadblock in £30m transfer tussle

Nuno Espirito Santo's plans to sign AC Milan midfielder Yunus Munsah for Nottingham Forest this summer have scuppered, according to reports.

It was recently claimed the Reds were leading the race to sign the sought-after American, with fellow Premier League clubs Crystal Palace, Wolverhampton Wanderers, and West Ham United said to have also shown interest.

Forest had reportedly agreed personal terms with the player and were locked in negotiations with the Italian giants over the transfer fee.

The Rossoneri are understood to value the 22-year-old at around €35 million (£30.2 million) including bonuses.

An offer believed to be worth around €30 million (£25.9 million) has been made and then outright rejected, with Sports Witness reporting the deal is at a "standstill".

Napoli came eerily close to signing Munsah earlier this summer but disagreement over bonuses saw the deal fall through.

Evangelos Marinakis risks the same happening to his club should they not make an improved offer, though the Reds owner is planning to focus on securing other targets.

This article contains affiliate links, we will receive a commission on any sales we generate from it. Learn more

Sky Sports deal

Musah has been on the radar at Forest for quite sometime, since his days at Valencia, and AC Milan are said to be keen to oversee an exit.

Newly-appointed Milan sporting director Igli Tare confirmed in a recent press conference: “I think Musah is an excellent player, but we are looking for profiles with characteristics that are useful for the project we have. We are looking for deeper midfielders in a three-man midfield.

"Musah does not have these characteristics. He can play in a two or three (man midfield) but with other characteristics. This is the real reason why we want to do something different."

Should Forest press ahead? Have your say here

Get your Nottingham Forest pre-season supplement

Nottingham Forest pre-season supplement

It promises to be an exciting season ahead for Nottingham Forest.

The 2024/25 campaign proved to be a special one for Nuno Espirito Santo’s side. But it could get even better for the Reds this time around.

European football will be coming to the City Ground for the first time in three decades. It will be a whole new continental adventure for Forest, and they will be eager to give it a good go.

It all means there is a lot to look forward to this coming season. With that in mind, we have produced our Nottingham Forest 2025/26 Kick-Off special, our brilliant guide to the new season.

Our reporter Sarah Clapson will waltz you through what to expect from the Reds this coming season, turn the spotlight on Nuno, run the rule over one of Forest’s key men and take a look at the club’s transfer business. Our club-by-club guide will give you the lowdown on Forest’s Premier League rivals, while you will also be able to test your knowledge with our Premier League quiz.

We will also take a look at the summer’s biggest signings in the division, check out each ground and study the managers - new and old. With a full fixture list, Nottingham Forest 2025/26 Kick-Off will get you in perfect match shape in time for the Reds’ opening day curtain-raiser at home to Brentford on August 17.

Priced £3.50, pre-order your copy now from our online store and get it delivered direct to your door.

Read full news in source page