Barcelona attacker Fermin Lopez has insisted that he will not be leaving Camp Nou during this summer's transfer window amid reports linking him with a move to Manchester United.
Fermin made 46 appearances for Barcelona during the 2024-25 campaign, scoring eight goals and registering 10 assists in the process, but there is currently widespread speculation surrounding his future.
Man United are said to be keen on the 22-year-old, and a recent report claimed that the Red Devils had placed an offer in the region of £69m on the table for the Spain international.
However, Fermin, speaking after scoring twice in Barcelona's clash with Como in the Joan Gamper Trophy, insisted that he will not be leaving the La Liga champions during this summer's transfer window.
"Barcelona fans should rest, because I will stay here...I will not leave Barca. It was a game about building confidence, ready for the start of La Liga. The important thing is the team did a very good job," Fermin told reporters.
Barcelona's Fermin Lopez kisses the badge against Valencia on January 26, 2025
Barcelona attacker Fermin rules out Man United move
Fermin will not be a certain starter for Barcelona next season due to the competition for spots in the final third of the field, and it had been suggested that he would be willing to listen to offers this summer.
However, transfer expert Fabrizio Romano also recently played down suggestions that the Spaniard could be on his way out before the summer market closes for business.
"At the moment I am told that there is nothing concrete in it," Romano said on his YouTube channel. "Also because, the first point is Barca don't want to sell Fermin Lopez.
"Second point: any chance for Fermin Lopez to go this month is only in case the player goes to Barca, goes to sporting director Deco and coach Hansi Flick and says 'I want to go, I want to leave'. In that case Barca can say 'OK, let's find a solution'.
"But Barcelona want to keep the player, Barcelona trusts the player and Barcelona believe their squad is perfect like this and don't want to do any changes.
"And at the moment I am not aware of Fermin Lopez telling Barcelona that he wants to go. Fermin didn't do that, Fermin is fully focused on Barca so it's important to clarify that situation.
"Also financially, even if all of this happens the financial package has to be a really special package. So at the moment, nothing into it and nothing really concrete into the Fermin story."
Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba on January 25, 2025
Will Man United sign a midfielder, goalkeeper before the end of the transfer window?
Man United have been linked with a number of goalkeepers this summer, including Gianluigi Donnarumma, who is leaving Paris Saint-Germain, but Manchester City are the favourites for the Italy international.
The Red Devils will allegedly only sign a new first-choice stopper if Andre Onana leaves, which looks unlikely at this stage of proceedings, although a number two goalkeeper could arrive if Altay Bayindir departs.
Man United are certainly working on a midfield addition, with Brighton & Hove Albion's Carlos Baleba their leading target, and the club remain hopeful that a deal could be struck before the market closes.
Baleba is said to be keen to make the move to Old Trafford, but Brighton would allegedly want a fee in the region of £100m for the Cameroon international, who has also been linked with Man City.
ID:579163:1false2false3false: from db desktop :LenBod:collect5227: