manchesterworld.uk

Manchester United midfielder in loan exit talks as Carlos Baleba pursuit continues

Manchester United hope to sign Carlos Baleba before deadline dayplaceholder image

Manchester United hope to sign Carlos Baleba before deadline day | Getty Images

Man Utd will allow the midfielder to leave on loan in the final weeks of the summer transfer window.

Manchester United midfielder Toby Collyer is in preliminary talks over a loan exit in the final weeks of the summer transfer window. The 21-year-old has been made available for a season-long loan move this summer as United look to add a midfielder to their squad before deadline day.

Hull City are the current favourites to sign Collyer, while there is interest from Yorkshire rivals Sheffield Wednesday, who are also in pursuit of Harry Amass. United would not be able to receive any loan fee from Hull in the proposed deal, due to current transfer restrictions against the Championship club.

It is understood Hull are 'quietly confident' of winning the race to sign the midfielder on loan, though he is still training with United at this moment in time. United are keen for Collyer to enjoy regular playing time next season and believe a move to the English second-tier would be a suitable next step in his playing career.

Read More

Collyer made 13 appearances for the United first-team last season after he made his debut for the club in the Community Shield defeat to Man City. Ten of those appearances came after Ruben Amorim arrived at the club in November.

The decision to loan Collyer comes amid United's continued pursuit of Brighton ace Carlos Baleba. Amorim would like to add a mobile midfielder to his squad before deadline day, and the 21-year-old is viewed as the ideal fit for their tactical set-up. It is understood Baleba would be keen on an Old Trafford move this summer, though he is not expected to force his way out of Brighton and could quite easily stay there for at least another season.

Brighton have made it clear they do not intend to sell Baleba in the current window and will only sanction a sale if it matches their valuation of the player. Early indications suggest it could be in the region of £100 million, though that could be the overall value of the package, with a smaller initial transfer fee.

Speaking last month, Collyer opened the door to a summer loan exit but reiterated his priority was to become a future United midfielder. “I think first and foremost I want to be here and play as many games for Man United as possible,” Collyer said. “I’ll sit down with the manager and higher-ups and see what’s the best solution for that. The best way for me to develop, whether it’s stay here or go on loan.

“The end goal for me is to play as many minutes as possible here, hopefully starting every week. So yeah, I’ll sit down with them. Obviously, my feeling at this moment is I want to stay. I want to play as many games as possible. I’ve not really thought that far ahead to be honest. I’ll just see how the next few weeks go and then we’ll go over those conversations.

“I’ll be able to sit down with them and see what’s the best solution for that. But yeah, like you said there as well, obviously there’s not a lot of time in football. You need to get the results and get the team progressing. So that’s what we’re working towards at the minute.”

Baleba and GK sign:Manchester United have three weeks to complete dream XI with two new signings

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page