TBR Football understands that Chelsea are expecting Nicolas Jackson to leave the club by the end of this month.
As revealed earlier this month, Jackson expressed his desire to leave Stamford Bridge ahead of the final weeks of the summer transfer window, and the club are open to the idea of his sale.
Sources have informed TBR Football that Enzo Maresca has approved his exit, given their summer arrivals of Joao Pedro and Liam Delap – who they are particularly impressed with.
There remains strong interest in England, with Newcastle and Aston Villa keen on the Senegal star, whilst there are clubs in Europe such as Bayern Munich, AC Milan, and Juventus, but those clubs do not necessarily see him as a starter.
Nicolas Jackson #15 of Chelsea FC sits for a portrait following their win over Paris Saint-Germain in the Club World Cup final at MetLife Stadium.
Photo by Carmen Mandato – FIFA/FIFA via Getty Images
AC Milan are pursuing Dusan Vlahovic as their number one target, but they have not ruled out a potential move for Jackson, as he continues to garner significant interest across Europe and the Premier League.
Exclusive: Nicolas Jackson wants to leave Chelsea to be a starter
Chief correspondent Graeme Bailey exclusively told TBR Football that although Jackson is eager to move on this summer, he will only entertain clubs who are willing to make the Senegalese international the main man.
Bailey states: “Jackson won’t be leaving Chelsea to sit on the bench – he is going to move to be the main man, that is the point of him leaving Chelsea in the first place.
“I am told that Chelsea believe he will have left in the coming weeks, his camp are working hard on deals for him, and the expectation at Stamford Bridge is that he leaves.
“Chelsea, for their part, are unlikely to sign a striker, but with talks ongoing over Xavi Simons and Alejandro Garnacho – they don’t see that as an issue.”
Alejandro Garnacho during the 2025 UEFA Europa League final between Manchester United and Tottenham
Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images
TBR Football learned in July that Jackson had run out of chances at Chelsea, emphasised more so by his red card dismissal only four minutes after he was introduced onto the pitch during the Club World Cup clash against Flamengo.
The 24-year-old contributed 10 goals and five assists in 30 Premier League appearances last term, averaging a goal involvement in every other game at Stamford Bridge.
However, Jackson’s temperament and disciplinary issues now mean Maresca is open to sanctioning his potential departure.
Chelsea want to sign Xavi Simons and Alejandro Garnacho
With Joao Pedro and Delap set to battle for a starting berth leading the line at Chelsea this season, the Blues will look to strengthen in other areas.
TBR Football revealed Chelsea want to sign Xavi Simons and Alejandro Garnacho before the Premier League opener against Crystal Palace on Sunday.
However, that leaves Maresca little time to get the deals over the line, which will prove more difficult as the club are also working hard on potential sales.
Enzo Maresca during Chelsea's Club World Cup final.
Photo by Rich Graessle/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
Both Simons and Garnacho have been informed that Chelsea must work on offloading the deadwood before they can formalise their potential arrivals, with personal terms having been agreed in principle for the pair.
Christopher Nkunku, Axel Disasi, Renato Veiga, and Ben Chilwell join Jackson on the list of players to be sold at Stamford Bridge before the 1 September deadline.