londonworld.com

Chelsea 'agree personal terms' as Newcastle United make Nicolas Jackson transfer decision

Jackson could be on his way outplaceholder image

Jackson could be on his way out | AFP via Getty Images

All the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding Chelsea as they prepare for the big kick-off.

The countdown to Sunday is on for Chelsea as they close in on their first Premier League game of the season. The Blues had a busy summer, winning the FIFA Club World Cup , a competition that cost them a usual pre-season, and it will be interesting to see what kind of impact that has on injuries, for better or worse.

Enzo Maresca is not done with new signings at this stage, but the Blues are having to manage incomings with outgoings this summer. Here we round up all the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding Stamford Bridge.

Garnacho terms agreed

Chelsea are already said to have agreed personal terms with Manchester United winger Alejandro Garnacho, but a deal will likely have to wait. The Blues are very keen on the Argentine, but they are not likely to sanction a deal until there are more exits, such as Nicolas Jackson and Christopher Nkunku.

Chelsea could well prioritise Xavi Simons and a centre-back before circling back for Garnacho. According to GiveMeSport, the Blues have already agreed terms with Garnacho, and there are ‘advanced’ talks over a deal with Manchester United. But with £50million being demanded, the deal is not close to being done due to Chelsea’s other priorities and the need to sell.

Newcastle serious about Jackson

Newcastle United have reportedly narrowed down their striker wishlist as they look to replace Alexander Isak, who is expected to leave. According to Newcastle World, Chelsea striker Nicolas Jackson has made the cut, with the forward reportedly under serious consideration by the Magpies.

It’s unclear how much Chelsea will ask for to sell Jackson, but it’s going to be a very big fee given he would still need replacing despite the presence of Joao Pedro and Liam Delap. Jackson is reportedly keen on an exit due to the likelihood of his playing time - at least as a starter - being reduced this coming season.

Pedro on new season

Joao Pedro has speaking ahead of the start of the new Premier League season. He said: “The other players deserved their break, they had a long season. But I think everyone is fresh now and ready for the next season.”

The forward added: “I was training at Cobham before because I came straight back after the final. I already had my holiday before so I came straight to find a house to move from Brighton to Cobham. So I’ve been there before the others. I spent four days in Spain to enjoy a little bit after the final, but I had already had my break earlier. I was back in Brazil for five weeks before joining Chelsea. That was good so that’s why I came straight back to the training ground.

“I have found somewhere to live now near Cobham. It felt weird in the first days I was back here because everything is new, but now I feel comfortable at Cobham. The good thing was Jamie [Gittens, another summer signing] was there so we spent a lot of time training together. It was very good to train with him from the beginning.”

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page