manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Man United receive Jadon Sancho transfer bid as shock Premier League lifeline emerges

Latest Manchester United transfer news with an update on Jadon Sancho and Rasmus Hojlund

Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho has requested his exit from Old Trafford this summer

Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho has requested his exit from Old Trafford this summer

(Image: Neal Simpson/Sportsphoto/Allstar via Getty Images)

Manchester United kickstart their new Premier League campaign when they host Arsenal on Sunday. Ruben Amorim's side had a mixed pre-season, winning two and drawing three of their five fixtures, finishing off with a 1-1 stalemate against Fiorentina last Saturday.

But now United's full focus turns to competitive action, with Mikel Arteta's Arsenal first up at Old Trafford. The Reds could have a number of new faces on show, with Bryan Mbeumo and Matheus Cunha poised to start after arriving from Brentford and Wolves this summer.

Meanwhile, Benjamin Sesko is expected to be involved in the United squad following his blockbuster move from RB Leipzig. The 22-year-old might have to settle for a place on the bench after having limited time with the rest of his teammates, but Amorim may throw him into the XI.

While United's immediate attention is on the return of the Premier League, the Reds still have work to do in the transfer market. Several players are expected to leave United before the end of the summer, while one or two may still arrive to strengthen the squad.

Here, the Manchester Evening News takes a look at the latest transfer news and rumours from the Reds...

Sancho bid

Roma have submitted an official bid to United to sign Jadon Sancho, according to Fabrizio Romano. The Serie A side have offered £20million to United for the 25-year-old's services.

Roma are also open to a loan to buy deal for Sancho, should that be United's preference. The Reds, however, are keen to offload the England international on a permanent basis.

Gian Piero Gasperini's men are in contact with both Sancho and Aston Villa's Leon Bailey, as they look to strengthen out wide before the end of the summer. Sancho, meanwhile, has 'opened the doors' to a move to Roma and is prepared to make the switch to Italy for the next step of his career.

MEN says: United need to sell Sancho this summer. The Reds need to get some high earners, such as Sancho, off the wage bill and raise funds to strengthen other areas. As the ex-Borussia Dortmund man doesn't have a future in Ruben Amorim's squad, securing £20m for his services would be an astute piece of business.

For Sancho himself, he could do with getting a permanent move and revitalising his career after a difficult couple of years. Roma, who are in this season's Europa League, have ex-Atalanta manager Gasperini at the helm.

Hojlund Premier League lifeline

Fulham are showing 'tentative interest' in signing United forward Rasmus Hojlund, according to the Daily Mail. Marco Silva's side are weighing up a move for the Denmark international as Rodrigo Muniz is the subject to offers from Serie A side Atalanta.

AC Milan have been in talks with United for Hojlund and have offered a £4.5million loan fee with an option to buy for £39m. However, the 22-year-old has made it clear that he wants to fight for his place at Old Trafford, despite the arrival of Benjamin Sesko from RB Leipzig last week.

MEN says: I think that Hojlund is going to struggle for regular game time this season. Sesko is set to be United's first-choice striker, while Amorim could use Fernandes in the false nine role in his absence. I t means that Hojlund might not even be the back-up option, meaning that an exit could be the most feasible and best solution.

With Fulham about to lose Muniz, Hojlund would more than likely go in as the Whites' best No.9, though he would face competition from Raul Jimenez. I think that he should consider this move, as it makes sense all-round.

Content Image

Content Image

Here at The Manchester Evening News, we are dedicated to bringing you the best Manchester United coverage and analysis.

Make sure you don't miss out on the latest United news by joining our free WhatsApp group. You can get all the breaking news and best analysis sent straight to your phone by clicking here to subscribe.

You can also subscribe to our free newsletter service. Click here to be sent all the day's biggest stories.

And, finally, if you would rather listen to our expert analysis then make sure to check out our Manchester is Red podcast, featuring The Samuel Luckhurst Show and The Midweek Debate. Our shows are available on all podcast platforms, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts, and you can also watch along on YouTube.

Read full news in source page