Beto, David Moyes, Everton,
(Credit: Imago)
Joe Elvin
Fri 15 August 2025 8:00, UK
Beto is the latest first-team star linked with a transfer away from Everton.
It has previously been speculated that Everton would accept a £30million bid for the Portuguese striker.
David Moyes has criticised him in pre-season press conferences, and it’s no secret that he’s seeking new strikers in the transfer window.
This has all led to rumours that Beto could be sold before this summer’s window closes.
It’s news that has worried some Everton fans, as a sale would leave them worryingly short up front.
Beto, Everton striker
Beto scored 12 goals for Everton last season (Credit: Imago)
MORE TOFFEES STORIES
BBC journalist rubbishes talk of Beto leaving Everton this summer
Beto has a point to prove at Everton, and it looks like he’ll be sticking around to prove it.
Giulia Bould, sports journalist at BBC Merseyside, has rubbished the rumours that Everton are looking to sell the forward.
Writing on X, she said: “I’m told suggestions Beto is welcome to leave Everton is untrue. As is claims of any kind of issue with the manager.”
Bould added that Beto is very much part of David Moyes’ plans for the season ahead.
I'm told suggestions Beto is welcome to leave Everton is intrue. As is claims of any kind of issue with the manager.
The club's stance is the striker is not for sale and Beto is very much part of the David Moyes' plans this season.
— Giulia Bould (@GiuliaBould) August 14, 2025
View Tweet
It remains to be seen whether Beto will start Everton’s opening Premier League match against Leeds United.
Moyes has spent big money on signing Thierno Barry from Villarreal, and it’s thought that he’ll be given the chance to prove himself as the first-choice striker.
Beto will be waiting in the wings, though, and he’ll surely have plenty of opportunities to prove himself throughout the season.
Now that Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been released, Everton remain somewhat short of proven strikers.
Everton manager David Moyes
David Moyes remains on good terms with Beto (Credit: Imago)
Moyes will hope Grealish provides missing piece of puzzle for Everton
Everton needed new attacking options after only scoring 42 Premier League goals last season. Beto scored eight of those, while top scorer Iliman Ndiaye scored nine.
The transfer of Barry was secured early in the transfer window, but the Toffees still looked short of firepower, especially after Calvert-Lewin’s departure was confirmed.
They have completed the signing of Jack Grealish on a season-long loan, and Moyes will be hoping that he can add some much-needed flair to his attack.
Jack Grealish Manchester City statistics
Signed August 2021
Appearances 157
Goals 17
While Grealish isn’t a goal machine himself, he has that magic to unlock Premier League defences with a clever pass or a deft cross.
Grealish looks nailed on to start against Leeds, and it’ll be hoped that he can quickly establish a connection with the likes of Barry and Beto. Everton’s attack this season could depend on it.
And Moyes will be glad that he can simply continue to plan ahead with Beto in his squad, with this exit rumour being rubbished.
Sign up for the Goodison News WhatsApp channel and turn on notifications to have all the latest, breaking Everton news sent straight to your phone.
Related Posts