Alexander Isak's future remains front and centre with Liverpool talking up their pursuit of another striker as Manchester City continue to circle for PSG's Gianluigi Donnarumma
Friday night sees begin the Premier League season and their pursuit of 's has shown no sign of slowing down with underlining his want to add another frontman.
Already the Reds have spent nearly £80million to land Hugo Ekitike, but their boss still wants to see more firepower arrive. Newcastle still have Isak training alone with the Swede doing all he can to haggle for a move away, leaving them with a decision to make.
meanwhile could still see a number of ins and outs take place. They remain keen on Brighton's Carlos Baleba and the potential departures of Antony, Jadon Sancho and Rasmus Hojlund could fund that pursuit.
Neighbours currently lead the chase for Gianluigi Donnarumma, with his PSG future all but over. The goalkeeper would be a huge coup for whoever landed his signature. Arsenal and Tottenham could also make late moves.
Mirror Football will keep you across the latest throughout the day.
Man United may have finally found a route out of Old Trafford for Jadon Sancho but it will come at significant cost. Serie A giants Roma have launched a £20m bid for the England international — a figure more than £50m short of what they paid for the winger in 2021.
United have already been forced to admit they will sell Sancho for less than £25m this summer, while Roma could also be interested in a loan deal, per BBC.
That would contain clauses to be triggered at the end of the season but is complicated by Sancho's contract situation. The Red Devils have an option to extend the star's deal by a further year but his significant salary places some doubt over whether United would be willing to action such a move.
Roma have reportedly bid for Jadon Sancho
(
Image:
Neal Simpson/Allstar, Getty Images)
Fulham are ready to enter the race for Rasmus Hojlund but want assurances that the Man United striker has an interest in joining them with the Dane previously expressing a desire to remain where he is.
The west Londoners are weighing up a move for the forward as Rodrigo Muniz is the subject of bids from Atalanta, which could leave them light in the final third. Those at Old Trafford are open to Hojlund's exit and are currently looking for a suitor.
AC Milan have been in talks with United regarding the striker and have offered a £4.5million loan fee with an option to buy for £39m. That was seen as the most favourable option before Fulham expressed their interest, but they want to know about the player's state of mind, reports the Daily Mail.
The Evening Standard reports that Spurs have held talks for Crystal Palace midfielder Eberechi Eze and Manchester City winger Savinho in recent days with their manager making it clear he wants more arrivals.
“We’d like to strengthen the squad, no doubt about that,” Frank told TNT Sports on Wednesday.
“We do work very hard to see if we can do that. In general, I’m very happy with the squad, but of course, in every window, you’d like to see if you can make the squad stronger before the window closes. That’s what we’re working hard on.”
Eberechi Eze could depart Selhurst Park in the summer transfer window (
Image:
Photo by Javier Garcia/Shutterstock)
Liverpool boss Arne Slot admits they need "one more attacker at least" as the club continue to go after Alexander Isak with their pursuit showing no sign of cooling.
The Reds spent £79m to land Hugo Ekitike from Frankfurt, the Frenchman scoring on his debut, but Slot wants more and has opened the door to his new signing pushing out wide to accommodate another new arrival.
He told Sky Sports: "I see Hugo mainly as a No 9 that could also play from the left or together with another No 9. We need to have one more attacker at least."
(
Image:
Getty Images)
Eddie Howe has confessed that Newcastle are having to accept that they may have to work with the squad they've been left with - which is one that doesn't include Alexander Isak as he addressed the saga once again.
"I don't think it's been healthy for us," he said. "I don't deny that's been a big challenge. Alex, for me, is one of the best strikers in the world - if not the best. To miss him from your squad leaves a huge gap."
He also added: "I think morale was certainly affected early on during pre-season. There was nothing I could do to affect that - it was always going to be there.
"When you have a player that good who is not part of your group, it's difficult for the players to fully understand it and to know what's going on and how to react. But, as time has gone on, there has been an acceptance this is the squad and we have got to make the best of the situation."
Howe hinted that the club have 'moved forward' (
Image:
Robbie Jay Barratt - AMA/Getty Images)
MORE ON