liverpoolecho.co.uk

David Moyes confirms Jarrad Branthwaite setback as triple Everton injury update delivered

David Moyes was speaking to the media to preview Everton's upcoming Premier League game against Leeds United

David Moyes

David Moyes

David Moyes has confirmed that Jarrad Branthwaite has suffered an injury and will miss the start of Everton’s season. The defender picked up the knock in training as the Blues were continuing their preparations for the new campaign.

The Blues kick off their season away to Leeds United on Monday night, but they will make the trip to Yorkshire without the England international. And although Moyes would not elaborate on how long the defender will be out for, he did express frustration that the news had been leaked out earlier this week.

He said: "Jarrad picked up an injury in training so unfortunately we are going to miss him. These things happen."

Asked how long Branthwaite will be out for, Moyes replied: "No and I wouldn't give it anyway, but I'm sure the insider inside the club will give that out, I'm sure of that. We have got to find out who is giving the news out."

Before he continued: "I'm unhappy [with the news being leaked out]. All managers don't like it. It is certainly coming from within our building and it is up to us to find out and we will do."

Vitalii Mykolenko was taken off during last weekend’s defeat to Roma, while Nathan Patterson and Harrison Armstrong all missed the game.

Asked if the trio could be available on Monday night, Moyes said: "We may have."

Read full news in source page