manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Manchester United make Carlos Baleba 'decision' as new club joins transfer battle

Latest Manchester United transfer news and gossip with updates on Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba and United striker Rasmus Hojlund

Mark has been a football journalist since 2017 and has contributed to several publications including the Liverpool Echo, Manchester Evening News and football.london. He also spent eight months on the US Sports team for the Mirror US

Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba

Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba(Image: Getty Images)

Manchester United could be set to have a busy end to the summer transfer window with just over two weeks left to go until deadline day.

United have made three new signings so far this summer and there is the potential for more to come before the September 1 deadline. Benjamin Sesko, Matheus Cunha and Bryan Mbeumo have all been signed by United and could make their competitive debut in the Premier League opener against Arsenal on Sunday.

Ruben Amorim and Co. have enjoyed an impressive pre-season and will be looking to have a successful Premier League campaign this term.

Here, the Manchester Evening News takes a look at some of the latest United transfer news and gossip that has emerged over the last 24 hours.

Carlos Baleba update

United have reportedly decided not to try and sign Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba this summer.

The Athletic have reported that United have decided against making a serious offer for Baleba after holding talks with the Seagulls over a potential deal.

Brighton are also thought to be determined to keep Baleba at the Amex Stadium for at least another year amid interest from United.

MEN Sport says: It's not a surprise to see United withdraw their interest in signing Baleba for the time being, given the fee it would take to get a deal over the line. But do not be surprised if United return to the negotiating table for the midfielder once again in the future.

Rasmus Hojlund wanted

A new club has reportedly joined the race to sign United striker Rasmus Hojlund.

The Mirror have reported that Fulham have now expressed an interest in signing Hojlund, who looks increasingly likely to leave Old Trafford before the transfer window closes.

Fulham are reportedly looking to sign Hojlund as a replacement for Rodrigo Muniz, who is wanted by Atalanta, but want to be assured that the United striker would be open to a move to Craven Cottage.

MEN Sport says: Hojlund is likely to leave United this summer after the club signed Sesko. AC Milan have been credited with an interest, and it remains to be seen if the striker will move abroad or remain in the Premier League.

Here at the Manchester Evening News, we’re dedicated to bringing you the best Manchester United coverage and analysis.

Make sure you don’t miss out on the latest United news by joining our free WhatsApp group. You can get all the breaking news and best analysis sent straight to your phone by clicking here to subscribe.

You can also subscribe to our free newsletter service. Click here to be sent all the day’s biggest stories.

*And finally, if you’d rather listen to our expert analysis then make sure to check out our Manchester is Red podcast, featuring The Samuel Luckhurst Show and The Midweek Debate. Our shows are available on all podcast platforms, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts, and you can also watch along on YouTube.*

Read full news in source page