Robinson is set to miss outplaceholder image
Robinson is set to miss out | Getty Images
All the latest injury news surrounding Fulham and Brighton as they prepare to open their Premier League campaigns.
Fulham are finally back in Premier League action on Saturday when they take on Brighton to kick off the new campaign. It was an impressive campaign for Marco Silva’s men last season, but they have been one of the quieter clubs when it comes to transfer business, at least so far.
Brighton are a side with similar ambitions to Fulham, which will make this a good yardstick for the Cottagers out of the gate.
“Some great games with them,” Fulham boss Silva said in his pre-match press conference. “It’s a place where normally our fanbase is there in a great number. We like to feel that challenge ahead of us, with our fans behind us, even if we are playing away from home.
“They are very demanding games, they demand this from any team that goes there to play against them, because they are a very good side. We are going to be ready for it, for the demands of the game, and our ambition is to go and to play at our best level, because the game is going to demand that.
“You have to be very careful in all the moments of the game to take the best from ourselves, to try to win the game. When you play against Brighton, you expect always a team who is a threat in the front line, always with technical players, very good players, and very creative midfielders as well.”
Here we round up all the final injury news surrounding both teams.
Solly March - Out
March only returned to training after a knee injury in early August and will likely return some time in September.
Diego Gomez Amarilla - Fit
Gomez has returned from a lower leg injury and will be fit to play.
Josh Hinshelwood - Fit
Hinshelwood is another player who has been passed fit after battling off a knock,
Carlos Baleba - Fit
Hurzeler has confirmed that Baleba will be back after a knee injury. He said: “He is an option to start tomorrow.”
Julio Espinola - Out
Espinola is out long-term after requiring knee surgery
Adam Webster - Out
Webster is another player who is going to be out. He required knee surgery after suffering a serious injury late in pre-season. Hurzeler said: “Adam suffered a knee ligament injury during training last week, and he will undergo surgery in the coming weeks... It’s too early to put a timescale on his recovery period, but it’s fair to say he will miss a large part of the season.”
Charalampos Kostoulas - Out
This one is likely to come too soon for Kostoulas, who will likely target next week.
Antonee Robinson - Out
Robinson has been ruled out, with Silva confirming: “We have the situation of Robinson - he had that surgery in the summer, after the end of the season, and is not ready. Good signs from him, he's already involved in some things with the team. Soon, we will see him in contention for the games.”
Ryan Sessegnon - Doubt
Sessegnon has a chance of returning, but it will be a late decision. Silva has said: “About Ryan, he came off in the last pre-season game vs Eintracht. Nothing serious, as I mentioned, it was a bit of a precaution from him. He felt something, and with his story in terms of injuries, I think he took the right decision. And today, in the morning, he was involved in the session. Let’s see how he's going to react, and after we are going to take the decision for the game as well.”
Continue Reading