Top targets: Eberechi Eze, Carlos Baleba and Alexander Isak
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United are among the clubs aiming to sign new players and make a strong start to the new Premier League season. The Gunners still have their sights on Eberechi Eze but are facing competition from bitter rivals Tottenham. It should be noted that the attacking midfielder's release clause at Crystal Palace has officially expired, meaning a bidding war could be on the cards.
Liverpool have confirmed the arrival of Giovanni Leoni from Parma, though last night's 4-2 win over Bournemouth may have highlighted the need to push through a deal for Marc Guehi in this window. There has been a fresh update regarding the future of Alexander Isak as he is set to miss Newcastle's opening game of the campaign.
Man United's interest in Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba is thought to have cooled, but are now considering alternatives. Elsewhere, Chelsea have made it clear they want two further signings in addition to letting Nicolas Jackson leave, while Spurs have been handed a boost in their pursuit of Man City winger Savinho. Follow the latest transfer news, gossip and rumours live below!
Latest transfer news headlines
Ouattara travelled to London for a medical on Friday and he is expected to be announced as a Brentford player early next week.
The 23-year-old scored nine goals in all competitions last season and is viewed as a replacement for Bryan Mbeumo, who moved to Manchester United last month.
AFP via Getty Images
Enzo Maresca has told Nicolas Jackson he is free to leave Chelsea in the next fortnight — and wants a new attacking player as well as another centre-back, writes Dom Smith.
Chelsea have spent big again this summer, bringing in the likes of Liam Delap, Joao Pedro, Jamie Gittens and Jorrel Hato, and is clear they are not done yet.
They also have a bulging squad and despite finding impressive solutions to recoup cash on unwanted players, they do have more bodies to shift in the final fortnight of the transfer window.
Enzo Maresca and Nicolas Jackson leave the pitch together
Getty Images
Potter inherited a mess when he replaced Julen Lopetegui in January and was unable to spark a dramatic upturn in results as the Hammers endured a disappointing 2024-25 campaign.
It represented an underwhelming start to life at the London Stadium, but Potter is targeting improvements this season as he bids to repair his reputation.
After a club-record Premier League points tally last season, a lack of transfer activity has resulted in concern on two fronts for Fulham, writes Sam Tabuteau.
Marco Silva, whose contract expires next summer, routinely called for further investment at the end of last season, and he has been left frustrated by their lack of activity this summer.
Thomas Frank insisted the Tottenham hierarchy are “working night and day” to strengthen the squad ahead of a planned protest from a section of supporters, writes Matt Verri.
Fan group ‘Change For Tottenham’ will hold a protest outside the stadium ahead of Spurs’ opening Premier League match of the season against Burnley on Saturday. It is said to be the first of a number of demonstrations planned throughout the campaign.
Frustration aimed at Daniel Levy and the club’s owners was also clear last season and it has carried into the new campaign after a relatively slow summer of transfer business.
Eze’s buyout clause lapsed on Friday, after Standard Sport first revealed earlier this month that it would expire when the new Premier League season gets underway.
The forward has attracted interest from both Arsenal and Tottenham, but neither club wanted to pay the full £68m release clause and it was not triggered before it expired.
The Red Devils are reportedly ready to accept that the 21-year-old Brighton midfielder is not for sale this summer.
According to the Athletic, the desired fee from the south coast club means United are now not planning to make a formal move for the player despite Ruben Amorim having pushed for his arrival in recent days.
Fan group ‘Change For Tottenham’ will hold a protest outside the stadium ahead of Spurs’ opening Premier League match of the season against Burnley on Saturday. It is said to be the first of a number of demonstrations planned throughout the campaign.
Told that group are unhappy with the club’s transfer activity and the cost of ticket prices, the Spurs boss continued: “The team needs the support of the fans, which as far as I have seen and heard and experienced in the past has been very good.
“I'm pretty sure the game will not be straightforward. I would love it to be easy - boom, job done, clear win - but we are going to face a Burnley team I have huge respect for so throughout the game we will need their backing.”
Shopping Best Buys