manchestercity.news

Fabrizio Romano says £8.5m offer has just arrived for a player Man City bought for £35m

Manchester City have just received an official proposal for one of their key players.

This summer has been a busy one for the Manchester club, and it was reported that Pep Guardiola was done making signings at the start of the month; however, Tottenham’s interest in Savinho has forced City to return to the transfer market.

The Brazilian is not the only member of Man City’s squad who has been linked with a move away, as Nottingham Forest are pushing for Rico Lewis, while Galatasaray have been keen on signing Ederson all summer.

An £8.5m bid has now arrived from the Turkish club for Guardiola’s number one goalkeeper, and Man City already have a response to the offer.

Ederson warming up ahead of Juventus v Manchester City.

Photo by Pedro Monteverde/Eurasia Sport Images/Getty Images

Galatasaray submit £8.5m offer for Ederson

Galatasaray have shown an interest in Ederson for weeks, and it was previously reported that the Super Lig champions offered a £2.5m bid to sign the Brazilian in July.

That has now proven to be untrue, as Fabrizio Romano has just reported that the Turkish club’s first official offer has arrived at Man City’s door for Ederson, with it said to be worth in the region of €10m (£8.5m).

More Man City News

The transfer expert states that the Manchester club want a higher fee to part ways with their £35m goalkeeper, with Man City holding out for an offer between £13m and £15m.

🚨🟡🔴 EXCL: Galatasaray send first official bid to Man City for Éderson.

Proposal in the region of €10m while City ask for higher fee.

Gigio Donnarumma has already opened doors to City move, no issues on personal terms 🔵🇮🇹

🔀 If Éderson leaves, Donnarumma can join #MCFC. pic.twitter.com/m1qqmcvr0Q

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 16, 2025

View Tweet

If that arrives, the Premier League club will open the door for the 31-year-old to leave the Etihad Stadium and will begin making moves to sign Gianluigi Donnarumma from PSG.

The Italian goalkeeper has already made it clear that he wants to move to Manchester, with Romano stating that personal terms will not be an issue.

Gianluigi Donnarumma in action during Chelsea FC v Paris Saint-Germain.

Photo by Etsuo Hara/Getty Images

The big issue Man City face in signing Gianluigi Donnarumma from PSG

It was previously thought that personal terms would be an issue for Man City once they started making moves for Donnarumma, as the 26-year-old was demanding £250,000-a-week to sign a new contract at Paris Saint-Germain.

That is £150k-a-week more than Ederson is currently earning at the Etihad Stadium, but the Italian must have lowered his request, if Romano says personal terms will not be a problem.

What remains an issue is the transfer fee PSG are asking for to sell Donnarumma. The Ligue 1 club want as high as £35m for the goalkeeper, which Man City are not willing to pay, as the player has just one year left on his contract at the Parc des Princes.

This will need to be lowered if the French club want Donnarumma off their books, and that is very likely to happen as the transfer window gets closer to shutting, with all the signs pointing to the Italian becoming a new Man City player.

Read full news in source page