Dominic Calvert-Lewin has chosen Leeds United as his next venture after nine seasons at Everton.
The striker had his ups and downs with the Toffees, but it can’t be denied that on his day, he was a brilliant striker.
Carlo Ancelotti expected Calvert-Lewin to reach the top, but his career on Merseyside ended abruptly.
It was confirmed that money was the issue in terms of his departure, as David Moyes said Calvert-Lewin demanded ‘too much’.
Well, now he’s got his move, an Everton fan has called out his switch to West Yorkshire, with the 28-year-old giving an honest response.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin warms up for Everton.
Photo by Shaun Brooks – CameraSport via Getty Images
Dominic Calvert-Lewin says to Everton fan that European teams wanted him but he chose Leeds United
His excessive wages were what put The Friedkin Group off, as the striker’s form didn’t exactly warrant £150,000 a week, which is said to be what he was seeking.
Whether Leeds paid this amount is unknown, but he now has the chance to haunt his former employers on Monday night.
Calvert-Lewin is already up to some antics off the pitch, as one Everton fan called out his free transfer to Elland Road, but the striker hit back in an honest message.
MORE EVERTON STORIES
“Poor move for you this, I think you thought you would have several European teams in for you, but none came knocking,” the Toffees supporter wrote.
To which Calvert-Lewin responded: “They did. And I chose Leeds. MOT.”
It seems like the forward always wanted to stay in the Premier League, and Alan Pardew thinks Everton are making a mistake.
This season will be a big telling point as to whether they have, and what Sean Dyche has said previously might not bode well for the Blues.
Sean Dyche still thought Dominic Calvert-Lewin had ‘plenty to offer’ at Everton
After what was a debated decision to let the striker go, it seems like, after his last season in the Royal Blue of Everton, the time was right for him to depart.
Games played 26
Goals 3
Shots on target per 90 1.12
Aerial duels won % 50.6%
Dispossessed 33
Touches in opposition box per 90 5.36
Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s 24/25 Premier League statistics at Everton, as per FotMob
The 2024/25 campaign didn’t shine him in a good light, but fans will know the level he can reach, and his former manager believes the same.
Dyche thinks Calvert-Lewin still has ‘plenty to offer’ and if he finds the motivation, he can become a ‘top striker’ once again.
This potential boost can be found at Elland Road, and the Toffees will be praying they haven’t made the wrong decision.