Southampton’s Tyler Dibling had been identified as a transfer target for Everton a long time ago by David Moyes; however, currently he remains with the Saints.
Will Still has made his thoughts on the future of Tyler Dibling very clear recently, with the Southampton manager happy to reintegrate him back into the squad should he remain at the club.
Southampton rejected Everton’s second bid, and the Saints have offered the Premier League a ‘counter offer’ which they are said to be happy to accept once the terms are met.
The Saints haven’t been caught sleeping in this Dibling saga, as they have identified a Bundesliga star as a replacement for the Southampton winger.
Tyler Dibling celebrates during Southampton FC v Ipswich Town FC in the Premier League
Photo by Dan Istitene/Getty Images
However, fans of Southampton may be keen to know what David Moyes has said about Dibling ahead of Everton’s Premier League opener.
David Moyes admits difficulties in getting the deal done.
Southampton had rejected a second bid worth £43m, with £8m of that inclusive of add-ons from Everton; however, they did offer a counter offer to the Toffees.
Sky Sports Germany reporter Florian Plettenberg revealed on X: “Southampton have made a counter-offer to Everton regarding Tyler #Dibling.
🚨🔵 Southampton have made a counter-offer to Everton regarding Tyler #Dibling. Everton can accept this offer at any time, which would trigger the deal.
An offer of €30–31 million + add-ons was rejected. Southampton’s valuation has always been set at €55–65 million. The… pic.twitter.com/APPD1b85dR
— Florian Plettenberg (@Plettigoal) August 13, 2025
View Tweet
“Everton can accept this offer at any time, which would trigger the deal. An offer of €30–31 million + add-ons was rejected.
“Southampton’s valuation has always been set at €55–65 million (£47.4m-£56m). The counter-offer is likely to be slightly lower.”
In his press conference ahead of Everton’s game with Leeds United on Monday night, Moyes admitted it had been difficult in the transfer market for his club, with Dibling being one of those they had failed to come to an agreement for.
He said: “Like many managers in the Premier League getting deals done has been really difficult. That’s one name you’ve mentioned, but we’ve bid for many players and not been able to get it over the line. There’s many clubs who could say something similar.”
Southampton not resting on their laurels
The Saints understand that a number of their players have been subject to interest from the Premier League and across Europe, not only Tyler Dibling.
Southampton have looked at Edouard Spertsyan as a replacement for Mateus Fernandes, who has been linked to West Ham.
Eduard Spertsyan playing for Krasnodar against Zenit St. Petersburg
Photo by Mike Kireev/NurPhoto via Getty Images
While they have been looking at other options for the potential departures of Joe Aribo and Samuel Edozie, who is subject to interest from Belgium.
It does appear that the Saints will be busy right up to the transfer deadline, with both incomings and outgoings.