New Brentford home kit for 2025/26 ‘leaked’ as club celebrates shirt’s centenaryplaceholder image
New Brentford home kit for 2025/26 ‘leaked’ as club celebrates shirt’s centenary | AFP via Getty Images
Newcastle United are set to accelerate talks to sign Yoane Wissa after Brentford signed a replacement.
Brentford have completed the signing ofDango Ouattara from AFC Bournemouth for a club-record £42.5million.
And that is expected to impact Yoane Wissa, with Newcastle United awaiting the green light to finalise a move.
Wissa left the Bees’ pre-season training camp in Portugal last month after informing them of his desire to join the Magpies, who had an opening bid of £25million bid rejected.
The 28-year-old didn’t train with his teammates until resuming full training last week. However, he missed last Friday’s friendly against Borussia Monchengladbach and won’t be involved in the Premier League opener away to Nottingham Forest on Sunday.
Brentford sign Yoane Wissa replacement
Having already lost two key players in Christian Norgaard and Bryan Mbeumo to Arsenal and Manchester United, respectively, this summer, as well as manager Thomas Frank to Tottenham Hotspur, the Bees have refused to let Wissa go until a replacement is found.
But that search has now come to an end, with Ouattara officially completing his move to the West London outfit on Saturday night.
Phil Giles, Brentford director of football, said: “Having sold Bryan Mbeumo, we have been looking to add an attacking player to the squad, and we think Dango is the perfect addition.
“It’s been well documented that there has been more change over this summer than in recent years at the club; however, I’m very confident that, in each case where a player has left us, we have managed to bring in an extremely strong replacement, and Dango is the latest example of that.”
Newcastle United set to accelerate Yoane Wissa talks
Alexander Isak’s refusal to play in an attempt to force a move to Liverpool forced Anthony Gordon to act as a makeshift striker for yesterday’s Premier League opening day draw at Aston Villa.
Read More
The Reds had a £110million bid rejected for Isak on August 1 and have vowed only to return with an improved offer when the Magpies make progress on signing a replacement.
Interest in Wissa has led some Liverpool fans to believe signing him would green light Isak’s exit. However, in reality, it is thought to mean very little with Callum Wilson’s free transfer to West Ham United meaning the striker search started long before Isak expressed his desire to leave.
Howe told NewcastleWorld: “I think it's been my wish to get a striker because we needed to replace Callum Wilson. I can't say that enough.
“It's not like we're looking at any other area, we've been looking to recruit a striker to replace Callum. Callum's a big miss, not just his playing ability, but his personality. So that's what we're looking to do.”
Continue Reading