Manchester City have stepped in to sign Paris Saint-Germain’s Gianluigi Donnarumma this summer. The goalkeeper’s contract expires in 2026 but can leave soon after Luis Enrique left him out of his plans.
On Wednesday, journalist Orazio Accomando reported the Citizens will present an offer in the next few days, after the 26-year-old’s agent, Enzo Raiola, said he could move to England.
Later that day, Raiola said his client hasn’t held talks with Pep Guardiola despite claims stating otherwise.
Journalist Ciro Venerato reported on the latest on Manchester City’s interest in the stopper for Rai’s La Domenica Sportiva Estate and Area Napoli have relayed his comments.
According to the journalist, Manchester City have a deal in place with Donnarumma, but not with PSG. Pep Guardiola’s side are said to have fulfilled the Italy international’s intention to improve his current salary.
Venerato says the Ligue 1 winners are requesting €35m and the English club want to lower the price.
“A €35m deal, plus a €16m salary? That Donnarumma would go to City was always clear to me: I never had any doubts,” he said.
“Regarding the transfer figures, we need to see if City will be able to spend less than the €35m announced.
“Regarding the salary, however, we’re in agreement. It was one of the reasons for the split with PSG. Gigi wanted to improve his salary compared to the situation he was experiencing in France, and €16m is certainly a very significant sum.”
Over at Le10 Sport, they report Manchester City are in a ‘very good position’ to sign the former AC Milan man. They add the Premier League side first need to get rid of Ederson before signing Donnarumma.
Galatasaray are said to have an agreement in place with Ederson. Last week, Sabah reported Manchester City have lowered their demand from €15m to €10m.