standard.co.uk

Man Utd star close to exit as AC Milan issue transfer statement

Transfer target: Rasmus Hojlund

The Serie A giants are on the market for a new centre-forward after overseeing several departures in the department this summer.

Luka Jovic left to join AEK Athens, Tammy Abraham - now at Besiktas - and Joao Felix - now at Al-Nassr - returned to Roma and Chelsea respectively following loan spells and Alvaro Morata has completed a move to Como.

Links to Hojlund have been getting stronger in recent weeks and now sporting director Igli Tare has revealed the former Atalanta star is on their shortlist.

Speaking to Mediaset, Tare said: "Hojlund is a good option for us.

"We are thinking about him, but in the transfer market, you never know what could happen."

Milan may have been handed a huge boost in their attempts to lure Hojlund back to Italy after the 22-year-old was left out of the matchday squad against Arsenal on Sunday.

Hojlund had already been pushed even further down the pecking order at Old Trafford this summer thanks to the arrivals of Matheus Cunha, Benjamin Sesko and Bryan Mbeumo.

Summer exit: Rasmus Hojlund

Amorim and Neville in disagreement over next Man Utd transfer target

Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal get Eze hope; Man Utd revive Baleba deal; Isak latest

Man Utd injury update: Hojlund and Onana latest news and return dates

Practical magic reboot

"He has to fight for his place,” the Man United boss told reporters when explaining his decision to leave Hojlund out for the visit of the Gunners.

"We will see what’s going to happen. Rasmus has the same characteristics as[Sesko] so sometimes we need to choose.”

Read full news in source page