londonworld.com

Tottenham 'seriously considering' £60m offer for La Liga winger after Everton and West Ham bids

Thomas Frank needs more attackersplaceholder image

Thomas Frank needs more attackers | Getty Images

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly eyeing an improved bid for an in-demand La Liga winner

Tottenham Hotspur kicked off their Premier League season in perfect fashion with a 3-0 win over newly-promoted Burnley in North London on Saturday afternoon.

Richarlison scored in each half - with his second goal a stunning overhead kick on the hour mark - before Brennan Johnson sealed the win with a goal 25 minutes from the end of the game. A clean sheet also marked a positive in Thomas Frank’s second competitive game in charge at Spurs.

New signing Mohammed Kudus got off to a flying start in front of the Tottenham faifthful with two assists as Spurs now prepare for an intriguing clash against Manchester City this coming weekend.

Pep Guardiola’s side got their season off to flyer with a 4-0 win at Wolves. Spurs are looking to further strengthen their squad ahead of the September 1 transfer deadline and reports in Spain indicate they could be about to make a big move to add more threat to their attack.

Tottenham ‘seriously considering’ £60m offer for Takefusa Kubo

According to reports in Spain from Fichajes, Spurs are “seriously considering making the financial commitment” it would take to sign Takefusa Kubo from Real Sociedad. The outlet reports: “Real Sociedad won't consider his departure for less than €70 million (£60m), an amount that reflects both his sporting value and his future potential.”

It was reported by the same outlet last week that West Ham United, Spurs, Everton and Bournemouth had ‘expressed’ a willingness to match the player’s release clause but all four clubs made initial offers for the player at around the £34m mark. None of which have been accepted.

The 24-year-old Japan international has already been capped 44 times by his country and has been with Real Sociedad since 2022. He arrived in Europe with Real Madrid but spent most of his time out on loan at various other Spanish clubs. He has played over 100 times for Sociedad.

Tottenham ‘definitely in the market’ for more signings

Speaking after Saturday’s win over Burnley, Frank said of the club’s transfer business: "We are definitely in the market. I said it before, Daniel and Johan and Vinai are working relentlessly to try to do their best to improve the squad, but we only want to improve the squad if we can't get players in that can improve squad. I want to keep it like is."

Frank also insisted he has always been a fan of Richarlison following the forward’s two goals on Saturday. He said: "Yes, I always liked Richarlison. I always thought he was good when he played for Everton and when he came to Tottenham we know he struggled with some injuries.

“He was unlucky also. So, we're very aware that we need to build him and protect him, because we can't say we just did as he played two games back-to-back. He did well in both and then we're out of the woods, that we need to prove over a little bit longer time, but the first signs are good."

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page