metro.co.uk

Jadon Sancho rejects two transfer offers to leave Manchester United

Manchester United v Leeds United - Pre-Season Friendly

Jadon Sancho remains a Manchester United player (Picture: Getty)

Jadon Sancho has rejected two offers to leave Manchester United despite being firmly in Ruben Amorim’s bomb squad.

Sancho was left out of United’s matchday squad for their Premier League opener against Arsenal on Sunday.

Having been stripped of the No. 25 shirt last summer, Sancho did not even have a number next to his name in the Manchester United programme.

It was Amorim’s predecessor Erik ten Hag who sent Sancho on loan to Chelsea last season but the Portuguese boss has also decided to cut ties with the ex-England winger.

Sancho was told to find a new club this summer and placed in Amorim’s bomb squad along with Alejandro Garnacho and Antony.

Your ultimate guide to the football season

Metro's new weekly football newsletter: In The Mixer. Exclusive analysis, FPL tips and transfer talk sent straight to your inbox every Friday – sign up, it's an open goal.

Despite accepting his United career is over, Sancho is yet to receive an offer he deems suitable and has rejected approaches from Roma and Besiktas.

Roma were leading the race to sign Sancho, who was in advanced talks with fellow Serie A club Juventus earlier in the summer, and approached Manchester United with an offer worth £20.

United indicated they were ready to accept the proposal as they are keen to get Sancho off the books but the player has rejected the move.

Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano says Sancho’s agent has informed Roma that he is looking at other options, leading the Italians to move on to alternative targets.

More to follow…

MORE: New favourite to be first Premier League manager sacked as odds slashed

MORE: Fan arrested over alleged Semenyo abuse banned from every UK football stadium

MORE: Napoli eyeing loan move for Manchester United flop after injury to key player

Read full news in source page