Inter Milan have joined the race to sign Liverpool target Marc Guehi, according to CaughtOffside.
The Serie A side are said to be carefully monitoring Guehi’s situation amid Liverpool’s ongoing pursuit of the Crystal Palace captain, who could depart Selhurst Park before the transfer deadline.
While no formal approach has been made, Inter are aware of Guehi’s expiring contract and have placed the 'superstar' 24-year-old on their shortlist for next summer as a potential free-agent signing.
Liverpool are expected to push on with the pursuit of Guehi in the coming days, despite welcoming promising centre-back Giovanni Leoni from Parma on a long-term deal last week.
The Reds are seeking further defensive reinforcements amid Ibrahima Konate’s uncertain future, as the Frenchman has less than 12 months left on his Anfield contract.
Inter Milan Join Race for Marc Guehi
Marc Guehi in action for Crystal Palace
According to CaughtOffside, Inter are not expected to make a formal approach for Guehi this summer – their interest could only materialise if he decides to see out his contract with Palace and depart as a free agent next summer.
The Nerazzurri would then be ready to swoop in with a lucrative contract offer, with both president Giuseppe Marotta and sporting director Piero Ausilio communicating to Guehi’s representatives that he is on their shortlist for 2026.
Palace are said to be demanding in the region of £45–50 million for Guehi this summer, and Liverpool currently view their demands as excessive given his expiring contract.
Anfield chiefs have reportedly made it clear they are not looking to pay above the £35–40 million mark, which could mean Guehi stays at Selhurst Park for his final contract year.
Liverpool have splashed out in excess of £300m on new signings this summer, with Florian Wirtz joining in a club-record £116m deal from Bayer Leverkusen.
The Reds have also welcomed full-backs Jeremie Frimpong and Milos Kerkez, as well as forward Hugo Ekitike, who started the season well, scoring in each of his first two appearances.
Following their 4-2 win over Bournemouth on Friday, Liverpool face Newcastle away from home next Monday.
Sign up toThe GIVEMESPORT Reportto get exclusive daily updates from Fabrizio Romano, Ben Jacobs, Dean Jones and Tom Bogert sent straight to your inbox.