Daniel Farke looking happy, with Elland Road in circle frame
(Credit: Imago)
Josh Edwards
Mon 18 August 2025 18:10, UK
Leeds United have added eight new faces to their squad ahead of their return to the Premier League.
After winning the Championship last season, it was clear that Leeds still had a lot of work to do this summer in preparation for their return to the Premier League.
Fortunately, they have passed that test with flying colours, with several debuts expected when Leeds host Everton on Monday night.
Jaka Bijol is suspended for Leeds, though another summer arrival could make his debut after making the switch to Elland Road.
Leeds United manager Daniel Farke lifting the Championship
Daniel Farke has been backed this summer (Credit: Imago)
This article includes exclusive comments from former Leeds United goalkeeper Paul Robinson.
MORE LEEDS STORIES
Dominic Calvert-Lewin transfer given seal of approval
Leeds completed the signing of Dominic Calvert-Lewin earlier this month, and he could make his debut against Everton at Elland Road.
The 28-year-old departed the Toffees in the summer and now has a chance to rekindle his career at Leeds and aid them in their fight for survival.
Several clubs expressed an interest in the Englishman, but it was Leeds that won the race, and Paul Robinson has praised the business to get him in.
Speaking exclusively to MOT Leeds News, he said: “I think Calvert-Lewin was a no-brainer. I think he’s got a lot to prove. And it’s easy to say he’s injury-prone, etc., which he is, but if Leeds can get him fit, there’s absolutely no doubt in his talent.
Calvert-Lewin’s time at Everton
273 total appearances
71 goals
18 assists
714 days missed with injury
“He’s a top-quality player. For Leeds to attract a player like that, it’s a real coup, I think, from Leeds’ point of view.
“He could be a really, really big signing. I don’t think this is a last-minute signing. I think this is a signing that is a big signing for the club“
Dominic Calvert-Lewin in Leeds United home kit
Calvert-Lewin could make his Leeds debut vs Everton (Credit: Manh Tung, Breaking Media)
Who did Leeds beat to the signature of Calvert-Lewin?
Despite what was a poor campaign last time out, Calvert-Lewin had plenty of suitors, including Fenerbahce.
The Turkish giants were said to have offered an £18million contract to Calvert-Lewin, but he rejected it in favour of a move to Leeds.
Sunderland had also been mooted as a potential landing spot, though it was reported that no official offer was lodged for the 28-year-old.
If Leeds can get him anywhere near back to his best, this could be a huge addition for the Whites in their first season back in the top flight.
Sign up for the MOT Leeds News WhatsApp channel and turn on notifications to have all the latest, breaking Leeds United news sent straight to your phone.
Related Posts