sportsmole.co.uk

Palace 'identify' Premier League attacker as potential Eze replacement

Crystal Palace have reportedly identified a Wolverhampton Wanderers attacker as a potential replacement for Eberechi Eze.

The England international has been the undoubted star of the Eagles over the past 12 months, scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final triumph over Manchester City in May.

However, somewhat inevitably, the playmaker has been frequently linked with a transfer away from Selhurst Park with Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur seemingly the current frontrunners.

While Arsenal have been heavily linked with the 27-year-old for the majority of the summer, Spurs are now said to be favourites to sign Eze at some point during the next two weeks.

As a result, Palace need to assess their options in the transfer market, Oliver Glasner having already been left frustrated by a lack of additions.

Wolverhampton Wanderers forward Hwang Hee-chan in August 2024.

Hwang on Palace shortlist?

According to The Sun, Palace hold an interest in negotiating a deal for Hwang Hee-Chan should Eze leave the club.

Although the South Korea international has three years left on his contract, it has previously been alleged that Wolves are prepared to consider offers for the 29-year-old.

Combined with Hwang netting just twice in 21 Premier League appearances during 2024-25, he is only viewed as backup option by head coach Vitor Pereira.

Palace are said to be considering whether to try to sign Hwang on a season-long loan deal, the assumption being that Wolves would insist on an obligation to buy.

Reports indicated earlier this month that Hwang would prefer to fight for his place at Wolves, a club where he has chipped in with 24 goals and eight assists from 120 appearances in all competitions.

That said, should Palace secure a place in the League Phase of the Conference League, he could plausibly change his mind.

Wolverhampton Wanderers' Hwang Hee-chan pictured on August 31, 2024

How would Palace fans react?

Despite Palace fans likely to be underwhelmed if Hwang is viewed as an alternative to Eze, it would ensure that substantial funds remain available to add much-needed depth to the squad.

Glasner will argue that he needs an extra four or five players to be signed if Palace add European football to the calendar.

He also has the face the possibility of key centre-back and captain Marc Guehi being sold before the September 1 deadline.

ID:579565:1false2false3false: from db desktop :LenBod:collect4071:

Read full news in source page