The latest Premier League transfer rumours - with news from West Ham, Wolves, Manchester United, Leeds and more.
It’s time once more for our regular morning round-up and review of the biggest (and strangest) new Premier League transfer rumours – and today, we’re starting with an intriguing story that should interest West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers fans.
According to Yahoo! Sports (who take it from a paywalled Marca article), West Ham and Wolves are “closely monitoring” the situation of 21-year-old Barcelona midfielder Marc Casadó, with speculation over the young Spaniard’s future mounting due to the difficulties of getting regular first-team football at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona “would not consider offers under €30m” – which is £26m for us Brits – but that’s not an unmanageable fee for a Premier League side and Barcelona may be hopeful of a “bidding war.”
The biggest barrier to a transfer may be the player himself. Casadó “wants to continue” at Barcelona and it’s said that his “determination to succeed at the club is unwavering.”
The 3AM Verdict: This isn’t the first time we’ve heard Casadó’s namebandied about but it is the first time we've seen Wolves and West Ham linked and there isn’t enough meat on the bones of this rumour to make us believe that much has changed – or that a wonderful young player is likely to leave. Barcelona can always have their arm twisted, however, as they constantly need cash. So who knows?
Manchester United ‘lead race’ for £34.5m midfielder
As soon as it started to look as though Manchester United wouldn’t be able to get their hands on Brighton’s Carlos Baleba this summer, every media outlet has felt the need to pile in with their opinion on their likely Plan B – and now it’s GiveMeSport’s turn to suggest a signing.
They claim that the Red Devils are “pushing” for Sevilla midfielder Lucien Agoumé, who has a €40m (£34.5m) release clause in his contract which is apparently an “appealing” price from United’s perspective. Sevilla may also be willing to sell for less, although “no lower” than £26m.
United “aren’t the only interested club” who are making eyes at the 23-year-old, but they could “step up their interest” by making a formal bid in the coming days, it’s claimed. The identity of the other interested parties is not revealed.
The 3AM Verdict: This story has appeared in a few places and so far as we can tell the only original reporting on it comes from a Sevilla-specific site called Orgullobiri, which isn’t, in our opinion, a very good source. As such, we’re highly sceptical and will want corroboration from elsewhere before we believe this one.
Leeds get ‘green light’ for long-awaited transfer
Leeds United’s season got off to the perfect start with a win over Everton on Monday evening and it could get even better soon, according to Football Insider – apparently they are taking a significant step towards the signing of Tottenham Hotspur’s Manor Solomon.
The Israeli international was excellent on loan at Elland Road last season but talks over a permanent move had stalled – but now, with Eberechi Eze set to move to Spurs, Thomas Frank “could sanction” Solomon’s departure before the end of the transfer window.
It seems as though Spurs has been waiting to have “more attacking options at [Frank’s] disposal” and Solomon is now said to be “certain to leave” the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. If Leeds have any serious competition, then they aren’t mentioned in the article.
The 3AM Verdict: This could be a significant deal for Leeds if it gets over the line, and there’s no reason to be cynical about the chances that it will – although there’s very little detail in this article, with no mention of the finances or the players’ own stance, so it’s hard to know how much of a step forward has really been taken.
Continue Reading