tbrfootball.com

Sources: How Newcastle United's hierarchy privately felt about Alexander Isak's bombshell statement last night

TBR Football can confirm that Newcastle United are not happy with the statement Alexander Isak released, as he continues to push for his dream move to Liverpool.

The Sweden international’s future was always expected to make the headlines this summer, but the Magpies have been clear from the start – Isak is not for sale.

Despite that stance, Liverpool tabled a bid to sign Isak earlier in this window, but that offer was rejected by the Toon.

Now, Isak has released a bombshell statement on social media, and that has not gone down well.

Newcastle United’s hierarchy is not happy with Alexander Isak’s statement

Alexander Isak broke his silence on Tuesday night, after he was included in the PFA Team of the Year.

The striker accused Newcastle United of breaking promises and cited that as the reason why their relationship cannot continue.

The Toon released a statement of their own on their official website soon after and claimed that they never committed to letting Isak leave the club this summer.

Now, TBR Football’s Chief Correspondent, Graeme Bailey, has confirmed that the decision-makers at St James’ Park are not at all happy with Isak’s actions.

He said: “Newcastle are unmoved by Isak’s statement, but that’s not to say they were happy with it – they really weren’t. I am told the club’s bosses were far from happy with what he said, but it did not shock them.

“They don’t agree with what he said, but they were not surprised either. The club do insist they do not want to sell. However, they are still doing work on multiple fronts to bring in more than one striker.

“But Newcastle have seen their move for Yoane Wissa stall, and although he was always seen as the Callum Wilson replacement, the fact they haven’t got him in yet just makes the chances of Isak moving all the less likely.

“I would point out that Isak’s deal was never going to be done before Monday’s clash between the two sides, so once that is out of the way, we may hear more next week.

“I actually do expect Liverpool to make a fresh move, but that is dependent on what Newcastle do, if anything – but the end of the window is very much on the horizon.”

Alexander Isak of Newcastle United looks on during the Premier League match between Newcastle United FC and Everton FC at St James' Park on May 25, 2025

Photo by George Wood/Getty Images

Liverpool’s stance on Alexander Isak after Newcastle’s statement

Liverpool have been keen to sign Isak all summer.

The Reds have brought in Hugo Ekitike already, and he has started really well. However, that hasn’t changed Arne Slot’s stance on bringing Isak in as well.

Bailey tells us that he fully expects Liverpool to make a record bid in the coming days, and it’s not impossible that Newcastle secure replacements and this deal goes through.

Speaking about Liverpool’s stance, Bailey said: “I fully expect Liverpool to come back again next week to make another push and make a fresh British record offer for the player.

“Newcastle, for their part, are trying to sign strikers – they have not given up on that front. I still expect Wissa to arrive, and then do we see a Watkins, Jackson or a Larsen arrive? It is not impossible.”

Read full news in source page