Everton will be hoping to bounce back on the weekend from their opening-day defeat against Leeds United.
David Moyes was given plenty to work on back at Finch Farm this week from their game at Elland Road on Monday.
The Toffees will have their eyes set on a much-improved season under Moyes after their strong end to the 2024/25 campaign.
Everton remain active in the transfer market, with Moyes demanding more signings before the window shuts in early September.
There have been some encouraging signings made on Merseyside, after landing the likes of Jack Grealish and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.
But there have also been some considerable departures, with an early reunion on Monday night for both Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Jack Harrison.
Leeds United v Everton - Premier League
Photo by Robbie Jay Barratt – AMA/Getty Images
Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Jack Harrison react after Leeds beat Everton
Last week, Calvert-Lewin made the move to Leeds as a free agent, following months of searching for his next club.
Calvert-Lewin took aim at an Everton fan on social media after the suggestion he’d downgraded after setting his target high.
MORE EVERTON STORIES
And his social media antics have not stopped there after the 28-year-old reacted to Leeds’ three points against his former side.
After the game, Harrison posted on Instagram, with the caption: ‘Cheers’.
Having played alongside him at Goodison Park, Calvert-Lewin was quick to comment on the post, where he said: ‘Ma boiiiiiii MOT’.
Calvert-Lewin was not involved on Monday night, despite signing for Leeds in time to face his former side.
Moyes admitted Everton couldn’t match Calvert-Lewin’s demands, but now that he has moved on, there will be some with keen eyes on how he fares in Yorkshire.
Calvert-Lewin insists he turned down Champions League interest for Leeds
Calvert-Lewin has a lot to prove at Leeds, having already bigged up the details behind his move to Elland Road.
“I turned down the opportunity to play for some Champions League clubs. I had offers from across Europe and when I spoke to Leeds, it was just the feeling that I got, and it was something I didn’t get elsewhere,” he said.
It has to be remembered that Calvert-Lewin does not go into the specifics of what clubs actually offered him a move.
The striker has failed to light up the Premier League in recent years. So, it is difficult to imagine some of the bigger clubs around would have been in the market for Calvert-Lewin.
Calvert-Lewin rejected Sunderland, but ended up at another newly-promoted side.
And it has to be considered how much game time that would have been on offer from the clubs in question.