chroniclelive.co.uk

Wissa, Strand Larsen, Watkins, Jackson, Ramos - Latest Newcastle United striker transfer updates

The very latest on Newcastle United's hunt for new centre-forwards with fresh updates on several targets emerging.

Jorgen Strand Larsen appears back on Newcastle United's transfer radar

Jorgen Strand Larsen appears back on Newcastle United's transfer radar

(Image: (Photo by Alex Pantling/Getty Images))

Newcastle United are hoping to sign two strikers in the final weeks of the summer transfer window. A replacement for Callum Wilson is needed and the very uncertain future of Alexander Isak has resulted in a second addition at the top of the pitch being targeted.

A lack of cutting edge in the Magpies' Premier League opener against Aston Villa further highlighted the need for more attacking signings. Jacob Ramsey was confirmed as Newcastle's latest incoming after that draw, but Eddie Howe understandably still wants more new players in his squad.

Numerous centre-forwards have been linked - ranging from Champions League winners to players that have been frozen out- but still no deal appears imminent. With all of that being said, Newcastle Chronicle has rounded up the latest updates on all the No.9s seemingly of interest to the Magpies.

Yoane Wissa

The most likely addition into St James’ Park looked to be Brentford's Yoane Wissa, but that could have now changed.

Despite having signed Dango Ouattara from Bournemouth, they still want upwards of £50million to sell with Bees boss Keith Andrews also offering an update on his future.

"I have got a good relationship with Wiss," he told talkSPORT. "I worked really hard with him last year to try and find goals. Seven of his 19 goals last year came from set pieces. He owes me really, so he shouldn't be going anywhere, to be blunt!"

Jorgen Strand Larsen

An alternative to Wissa seemingly back on Newcastle's radar is Jorgen Strand Larsen of Wolves. The Norway international only arrived at Molineux permanently at the start of July, following a successful loan spell, and yet he could be on the move again.

As per the Athletic, they retain a firm interest in Strand Larsen and though a deal is not as advanced as others, he is among a small group of names under consideration.

Content Image

Content Image

Ollie Watkins

In terms of Premier League proven stars, Newcastle are unlikely to have a better option than Ollie Watkins. Despite an understandable admiration from Tyneside, it does however seem highly unlikely Unai Emery will also allow their talisman to depart.

The Midlands clubs' financial issues made selling players somewhat of a priority but Ramsey's £43million sale, which will count as pure profit on their books, has likely eased those worries.

Nicolas Jackson

Chelsea's Nicolas Jackson is in the complete opposite boat compared to Watkins with the Senegal international deemed surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.

Howe is expected to face stiff competition for his signature however, with four top-half Premier League clubs making enquiries. The 24-year-old is expected to cost in the region of £50million with the Blues decreasing their demands as they look to bring in Xavi Simons and Alejandro Garnacho.

Goncalo Ramos

Paris Saint-Germain's Goncalo Ramos emerged as an option for Newcastle earlier this summer but the man himself made his intentions to remain in the French capital very clear after their UEFA Super Cup win over Tottenham.

"I'm ready when the team needs me. When I receive the ball like that, I score," Ramos admitted. "Yes, I confirm that I am staying [at PSG] this season."

Samu Aghehowa

Porto's Samu Aghehowa, who was on the verge of joining Chelsea last summer, has also emerged of interest but any transfer to Newcastle could now be in doubt.

During his side's clash against Gil Vicente on Monday, the Spaniard was forced off with an injury after just 30 minutes and then spotted in tears later on that evening. That and his reported asking price from Porto suggests Newcastle will look elsewhere

Rodrigo Muniz

Having lost out on Benjamin Sesko and Hugo Ekitike to other Premier League teams, Rodrigo Muniz may be the next striker target to pursue a move elsewhere.

Despite scoring off the bench for Fulham this past weekend, the Brazilian remains keen on a move to Atalanta with the Serie A side capable of hitting the Cottagers' demands having sold Mateo Retegui to Saudi Pro League side Al-Qadsiah. As such, it looks like this potential deal for Newcastle is also off.

Here at ChronicleLive, we are dedicated to bringing you the best Newcastle United coverage and analysis.

Make sure you don't miss out on the latest NUFC news by joining our free WhatsApp group. You can get all the breaking news and best analysis sent straight to your phone by clicking here to subscribe.

You can also subscribe to our free newsletter service. Click here to be sent all the day's biggest stories.

And, finally, if you would rather listen to our expert analysis then make sure to check out our Everything is Black and White podcast. Our shows are available on all podcast platforms, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts, and you can also watch along on YouTube.

Read full news in source page