Everton remain in the hunt to sign Southampton prospect Tyler Dibling this summer.
David Moyes witnessed on Monday night that there is still a lot of room for improvement on Merseyside, with days remaining in the market.
Jack Grealish came on for his Everton debut against Leeds United, but there was a real lack of natural options at right wing.
With the search ongoing, Everton are keen to sign Dibling from Southampton, and the player is keen to make the move.
Dibling asked to join Everton, with the Saints holding firm in their standpoint on their huge asking price.
There has been some significant developments over the last few days, though, with the transfer deadline nearing.
Southampton included Dibling at the weekend, but there has been another change behind the scenes involving the 19-year-old.
Southampton winger Tyler Dibling ahead of Ipswich Town game.
Photo by Matt Watson/Southampton FC via Getty Images
Southampton set asking price at £45m for Everton target Tyler Dibling
It had previously been suggested that Southampton were valuing Dibling at £50m+ this summer.
MORE EVERTON STORIES
This followed three bids from the Toffees, which were all knocked back by Southampton over recent weeks.
According to Sky Sports, that asking price may have now been lowered by around £5m.
There were some suggestions that Southampton made a counteroffer to Everton for Dibling, but there were no details on the specifics.
Journalist Rob Dorsett reported on interest coming from other clubs, but suggested the Championship outfit are considering offers around the £45m mark.
“He would be a much more expensive option, however, considering Southampton have a £45m+ valuation,” he said on Sky Sports.
“Everton have so far not been willing to meet that after seeing three separate bids rejected earlier in the window.”
Crystal Palace are now keen to sign Dibling, as they eye potential replacements for Eberechi Eze.
Although there may be increased competition, it seems as if the asking price for Dibling is slowly creeping down.
Southampton’s CEO said Dibling won’t be sold on the cheap, but the Saints already appear to be going back on their word as Everton’s patience is seemingly paying off.
Everton absolutely must sign a new right winger
With Moyes pushing to sign a new winger, Everton must act in this summer’s market to avoid frustrating their manager.
The 62-year-old has done some fine work on Merseyside since January, and he has earned the backing from the Friedkins this summer.
Monday evening’s loss to Leeds proved just how badly Everton need a natural right winger for Moyes to use.
Carlos Alcaraz started at Elland Road, but his impact on the game was minimal.
1 yellow card
41 touches
0 crosses
2 successful dribbles
0 key passes
Moyes has demanded a lot of new signings at Everton, and the final week of this window is going to be huge for the Toffees.