everton.news

Jake O’Brien reveals what was said in the Everton dressing room after the Leeds United loss

Everton were far from their usual levels against Leeds United on Monday night.

Despite a controversial penalty decision, Everton couldn’t really have too many complaints as they were second-best against newly-promoted Leeds.

Speaking post-game, David Moyes echoed that sentiment: “We didn’t play well enough on the night, but the big frustration is that, if anything, in the second half we looked probably a little bit more likely than them and (like) we were going to get something out of it.”

There were some sub-par performances, with Michael Ball saying Carlos Alcaraz looked like he didn’t want to be there.

It wasn’t just Alcaraz who struggled, though, in fact, most of the attackers did as they barely had any service.

Jake O’Brien has now come out and shared what was said in the dressing room after the game.

Everton defender Jake O'Brien.

Photo by Carl Recine/Getty Images

Jake O’Brien shares what Everton players said in dressing room

Speaking to Everton TV, O’Brien admitted that these are the games they should be winning if they want to realise their goals this season.

“We have a strong group, a strong core, and I think we’ve got to come to places like (Elland Road) and come away with three points,” the 24-year-old said.

MORE EVERTON STORIES

“So it’s very disappointing, so early on in the season that we haven’t picked up points today. I think we have a strong enough group to go out there and get results. And I think [at Leeds], we weren’t sharp enough, and we weren’t at the standards that we can be. “

O’Brien then shared what was said in the dressing room: “We know this. We said we need to look at ourselves, go back to training and just come back and make things right next week.”

Everton need a right-winger before Brighton

Everton play host to Brighton and Hove Albion at the new state-of-the-art Hill Dickinson Stadium on Sunday.

It’s imperative the Toffees are able to get a new right-winger through the door before then, especially with the expectation that will come with it being the first home game at the 52,000-seater.

Moyes and his chiefs are still working on the Tyler Dibling deal, whilst Lyon’s jet-heeled attacker Malick Fofana is also an option.

Fofana has hinted at a potential transfer over the last week, or so, saying: “We’ll see, it’s not that I want to leave, but if we have a good opportunity we’ll see”.

Read full news in source page