It seemed like Savinho was set to stay at Manchester City after several reports emerged that his potential move to Tottenham Hotspur was dead in the water.
Manchester City blocked Savinho’s move to Tottenham as it is believed there are fears within the Sky Blues camp that letting such a talented youngster leave could be a risk.
As a result, Manchester City’s pursuit of Rodrygo was considered off as well.
However, since then, plenty of twists seem to be in the tale.
Tottenham bid £69 million to sign Savinho after missing out on Eberechi Eze
On Wednesday, Fabrizio Romano revealed that Tottenham are set to miss out on the signing of Eberechi Eze to Arsenal, with the Gunners striking a verbal agreement with Crystal Palace to sign him for £60 million.
🚨❤️🤍 BREAKING: Eberechi Eze to Arsenal, here we go! Verbal agreement in place between all parties.
Crystal Palace to receive package in excess of £60m as Eze preferred #AFC over Spurs.
Arsenal win race over Tottenham, been in advanced talks for days but never sealed. pic.twitter.com/nUN2gXXjgY
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 20, 2025
View Tweet
More Man City News
Romano mentioned that Spurs had been in advanced talks to sign the FA Cup winner for days but ultimately, it is Mikel Arteta’s side who have won the race for his signature.
After missing out on Eze, journalist Cahe Mota has claimed that after Tottenham bid £60 million to sign Savinho, they have increased their third bid to €80 million (£69 million).
Savinho’s agents are believed to still be in the UK to negotiate a potential deal between Manchester City and Spurs.
Manchester City wish to keep Savinho but Pep Guardiola has a track record of letting players leave if their desire is to play for another club and the Brazilian may be no different.
Fabrizio Romano revealed what Savinho needs to do to seal Tottenham move
City’s verdict on the Lilywhites’ fresh approach is yet to be revealed.
However, Savinho hasn’t told Guardiola he wants to leave and unless he has a direct conversation with him, his move to Tottenham might remain on hold.
Fabrizio Romano revealed on Sunday: “Guys, Man City want Rodrygo. But only if Savinho leaves. Now, the situation at Manchester City is quite clear. If Tottenham put big money, 50, 60, €70 million (£60.4 million) or the bid is more than €70 million or Savinho stays at Manchester City. Manchester City are not desperate to let Savinho go.”
Savinho looking frustrated during Juventus FC v Manchester City FC: Group G
Photo by Richard Sellers/Sportsphoto/Allstar via Getty Images
“If Savinho goes to Pep Guardiola’s office and says, ‘Coach, I want to go. Pep, let me go’, in that case, you’ll remember what happened with Julian Alvarez and other players, Man City could try to find a solution with Tottenham.”
Whether Savinho is willing to tell Pep Guardiola he would like to become a Tottenham player and be Spurs’ remedy to bolstering their attack after Eze’s decision to join Arsenal remains to be seen.
However, with Savinho being keen to play for Thomas Frank, how much he actually desires the move to North London will come to fruition in the next couple of weeks.