The latest Newcastle United transfer news and rumours as we take a look at some of the latest stories doing the round at St James' Park.
Amie is a football writer covering clubs across the country, she has been a football fan all of her life and supports Leicester City. She graduated with a degree in Sport and Exercise Psychology in 2015. Amie has previous experience in local radio in Leicester and Leicestershire.
Eddie Howe and Alexander Isak
Alexander Isak continues to be in the centre of a transfer saga between Newcastle United and Liverpool.
(Image: John Walton/PA Wire.)
There is now just a matter of days of the summer transfer window remaining as clubs look to complete their business.
It’s been a dramatic window full of twists and turns for Newcastle United as Eddie Howe prepares his team for a season that will again involve Champions League football.
While the club have missed out on players including Benjamin Sesko, Hugo Ekitike and Bryan Mbeumo, the club have completed transfers for Aaron Ramsdale, Malick Thiaw, Jacob Ramsey and Anthony Elanga.
Howe will be keen to add to his squad further before the September 1 deadline (7pm). There, of course is the saga surrounding the future of Alexander Isak, with Liverpool keen to sign the striker this summer.
With that in mind, we’ve taken a look at a couple of the latest stories doing the rounds and also given our thoughts on the situations.
Striker ‘agreement’
Newcastle have reached an agreement over personal terms with Wolves striker Jorgen Strand Larsen, according to the Express and Star.
The report says that Newcastle are yet to enter into sidcussions with Wolves, but have made progress with the player, who is keen to play Champions League football this season.
Wolves are said to value the striker at around £60 million, which could be a potential stumbling block to the transfer.
ChronLive says: There is no doubt that Newcastle’s need for a striker is strong especially given the current situation around Alexander Isak. In an ideal world, Wolves would keep Isak as well as signing Strand Larsen and Yoane Wissa, but the money that both Wolves and Brentford are demanding for their players will make that difficult to do.
Content Image
Content Image
£100m Isak claim
Alexander Isak was under the impression that a bid of £100 million or more would be accepted by Newcastle this summer, according to a story doing the rounds from the Daily Mail.
The Magpies turned down a bid of £110 million from Liverpool earlier in the window, with Isak currently not training with the first team as he pushes for a move away. His statement released this week mentioned ‘broken promises’.
But that is something that Newcastle denied in a statement of their own.
ChronLive says: It seems that it’s a situation that is not going to be resolved anytime soon. The only way I can see a resolution being reached is if Liverpool meet Newcastle’s asking price between now and the end of the window and the Magpies have a replacement sorted.
If that doesn’t happen, then Isak faces a choice of either backtracking and reintergrating himself back into the team, or having six months without being involved.
Here at ChronicleLive, we are dedicated to bringing you the best Newcastle United coverage and analysis.
Make sure you don't miss out on the latest NUFC news by joining our free WhatsApp group. You can get all the breaking news and best analysis sent straight to your phone by clicking here to subscribe.
You can also subscribe to our free newsletter service. Click here to be sent all the day's biggest stories.
And, finally, if you would rather listen to our expert analysis then make sure to check out our Everything is Black and White podcast. Our shows are available on all podcast platforms, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts, and you can also watch along on YouTube.