placeholder image
Manchester United via Getty Imag
Ruben Amorim could change his mind and keep one of the players that Man Utd were set to sell this summer.
There are several Man United players expected to leave the club this summer, as Ruben Amorim promised a complete squad rebuild. He has signed new stars such as Benjamin Sesko and Matheus Cunha, but is yet to make many player sales.
Amorim’s ‘bomb squad’ includes the likes of Alejandro Garnacho, Jadon Sancho, Rasmus Hojlund and more, but the Red Devils have struggled to make player sales so far this summer, potentially indicating that they may have to sell for less money at the end of the transfer window.
Rasmus Hojlund is one such player. It seems that AC Milan couldn’t convince him to join, as they didn’t offer a permanent deal, but now, reports are saying that Napoli want to sign him on loan too. It is not understood whether the Danish striker would be keen to join the Serie A champions.
Amorim not ruling out keeping Hojlund
Hojlund received a lot of criticism last season, as he managed to score just four goals in the Premier League. Man United signed a new striker in Sesko, so Hojlund is now surplus to requirements. Seeing as United need a cash boost, a sale would work well for them, but it may not happen.
According to a fresh update by Sky Sports Journalist Dharmesh Sheth, Man United aren’t ruling out the chance to keep hold of the Danish striker. He said: “Hojlund initially wanted to fight for his place at United, but was then left out of the squad altogether for Sunday’s game against Arsenal.
“Head coach Ruben Amorim hasn’t closed the door on Hojlund staying at United – but the player knows he won’t be first choice following Sesko’s arrival.”
If Hojlund does stay, he will have to battle with not only Sesko but also Joshua Zirkzee for minutes when the Dutchman returns from injury. However, if he backs his potential, then there’s every chance he could still make an impact for United next season.
Premier League club could swoop in for Hojlund
Amid the interest from the Serie A, Man United have set a £40m price tag on Hojlund, something that could be difficult for some clubs to achieve. It has been said that the striker could be offered a way out in the Premier League.
Reports have said that Fulham are keeping tabs on Hojlund, as there was a risk that they could lose striker Rodrigo Muniz to Atalanta. Although, it does seem that has broken down. However, seeing as Muniz’s strike partner Raul Jimenez is now 34, Fulham could be keen to add a younger striker.
When the Cottagers did have an interest, it was only a loan, but a move to a Premier League club on loan could potentially tempt Hojlund rather than moving back to the Serie A, and giving up on the English top division.
Continue Reading