manchestercity.news

What Tottenham have just done shows that a deal for Manchester City's Savinho is still alive

The future of Savinho at Manchester City looks set to be one of the biggest transfer stories heading into the final week of the summer window.

Following the FIFA Club World Cup, it appeared that the Brazilian was set to play a significant role at the Manchester club throughout the 2025/26 season, and that remains the case; however, Tottenham’s interest in Savinho has cast doubt over his future.

The deal could speed up after the two clubs meet this weekend in the Premier League, with Daniel Levy planning to discuss the transfer with Man City officials at the Etihad Stadium.

Man City are currently blocking Savinho’s exit, but what happened on Thursday shows that the transfer saga is still alive, as Tottenham continue to push for the winger.

Savinho looking on during Manchester City FC v Wydad AC.

Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

Everyone at Tottenham believes Savinho will become a superstar, and it is the driving factor in their pursuit of the Brazilian international.

The 21-year-old is believed to be open to the move as he knows it will guarantee him playing time ahead of the 2026 FIFA World Cup, and according to Fabrizio Romano, Spurs are still pushing to make it happen and made new contact with Man City on Thursday.

More Man City News

“Tottenham are not giving up on Savinho. I told you last night, Eze is over, as he is going to Arsenal, but Tottenham want to insist on Savinho,” Romano said on his YouTube channel.

“Also, today (Thursday), Tottenham have had new contacts with Savinho. The message remains the same from Man City: they want to keep the player, they don’t want the player to go, there is someone in the Manchester City hierarchy pushing to keep him at the club and closing the door to Tottenham.

“I can guarantee to you, Tottenham are pushing, Tottenham are insisting, they believe he is the perfect signing. Thomas Frank is in love with Savinho and wants Savinho to join. Let’s see if they can find a solution.”

Tottenham’s latest bid for the winger was £69m, which still falls short of the £76m Man City have previously demanded to let Savinho go.

The coming days will be interesting to see if Spurs can convince City to let the Brazilian star go, and it is a deal they will need to get done quickly, as Pep Guardiola will need a replacement.

The latest on the future of Real Madrid’s Rodrygo

If Savinho departs the Etihad Stadium, Man City’s top target to replace him is Real Madrid’s Rodrygo, who has fallen out of favour at the La Liga club.

This week was a significant one for the Brazilian’s future as Real Madrid opened up their season with a 1-0 win over Osasuna, and the winger did not get a single minute of action.

It was also reported that Man City are willing to pay £87m to sign Rodrygo, should they need to, and a deal is not expected to be difficult if the Manchester club need to complete it in a short space of time.

This transfer is still alive, but it will only happen if Savinho signs for Tottenham, which sets up an interesting last few days in the transfer market.

Read full news in source page