Chelsea are trying to sell as many as nine players before the summer transfer window closes next month, according to reports. The west Londoners have spent heavily to improve their squad as Enzo Maresca seeks a top-four finish in the Premier League. The likes of Joao Pedro, Jamie Gittens, Liam Delap and Jorrel Hato have all moved to Stamford Bridge since the end of last season.
A number of players have also departed the club, helping them to raise over £220million in the summer market. Noni Madueke, Joao Felix, Djordje Petrovic, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and Renato Veiga are just some of the names to have left Chelsea in recent weeks. It seems more players could join the exodus in the near future with Maresca said to be taking a ruthless approach.
He wants to get rid of up to nine Chelsea players before the end of the window, according to the Daily Mail. Nicolas Jackson is said to be among those on the chopping block, having been bumped down the pecking order ahead of the new campaign.
Aston Villa are reportedly keen on signing the Senegal international, who scored 13 goals for Chelsea in all competitions last season. They recently sold Jacob Ramsey to Newcastle for £40m, which has afforded them more flexibility in the market.
Christopher Nkunku has also been deemed surplus to requirements, with Maresca confirming that both players will be left out of the squad to face West Ham on Friday night.
Speaking earlier this week, the Chelsea manager said: "It’s better for Nico if what he desires is going to happen. He is available, but he’s not going to be part of the squad because we have two players in that position.
"We know that something can happen before the transfer window closes. The player is open to leave. If he finds a good solution, he’s going to leave.
"Christo is with us like Nico, but it’s the same answer as Nico. We’ll see if they’re going to be here. It’s always better if they find a solution, as they are going to be more happy and the club the same, but you need someone that is going to buy you."
Reports have suggested that Chelsea are demanding around £50m in exchange for Jackson's signature this summer. Nkunku, meanwhile, is said to be valued at closer to £35m and has attracted interest from the Bundesliga.
It remains to be seen who else will end up leaving Chelsea before the summer window slams shut. Axel Disasi, Carney Chukwuemeka and Ben Chilwell have been linked with potential exits but they remain at Stamford Bridge for now.
Tyrique George is another player who has been tipped to leave Stamford Bridge if Alejandro Garnacho joins the Blues, while young defender Aaron Anselmino is said to be admired by several European clubs.
For the latest breaking stories and headlines, sign up to our Daily Express transfer newsletter.