manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Senne Lammens to Man United transfer latest as 'talks held' and Andre Onana update given

All the latest Manchester United transfer news as Ruben Amorim looks to bolster his options between the sticks

Man United want to sign Senne Lammens from Royal Antwerp

Man United want to sign Senne Lammens from Royal Antwerp(Image: Joris Verwijst/BSR Agency/Getty Images.)

Manchester United have forked out almost £200m on new players this summer, yet they've shown no sign of slowing down in the final week or so of the transfer window. After heavily investing in the frontline, the Reds seem keen to bolster their options between the sticks.

Senne Lammens continues to be heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford following his impressive performances for Royal Antwerp. The 23-year-old goalkeeper caught the eye in the Belgian top-flight last season, keeping seven clean sheets in 30 Jupiler Pro League appearances.

Meanwhile, Andre Onana and Altay Bayindir have hardly covered themselves in glory, having struggled to impress in recent times. So, with that being said, the Manchester Evening News has rounded up everything you need to know about Lammens and a potential transfer to United.

Content Image

Content Image

United open to signing new goalkeeper

The Manchester Evening News understands that United have ruled out the signing of a new goalkeeper this summer, but they're not planning to welcome a headline number one to Old Trafford before the deadline on September 1.

The MEN reported in January the Reds were scouring the market for a new shot-stopper, but the position wasn't regarded as a priority this summer. With question marks over Onana and Bayindir, Lammens has emerged as a potential target.

United 'launch' Lammens swoop

According to the Press Association news agency, United are attempting to sign Lammens from Antwerp. The report claims that the Reds have opened club-to-club talks with the Belgian outfit over a deal for the goalkeeper, who's also attracted interest from Inter Milan this summer.

As it stands, it remains to be seen what the future holds for Onana and Bayindir. Speaking to reporters ahead of United's clash against Fulham in the Premier League this weekend, Amorim confirmed that the Cameroon international is available for selection.

Content Image

Content Image

Amorim

Amorim was quizzed on the goalkeeping situation at Old Trafford on Friday. The United boss said: "Onana is ready to play like last week so we will see in the game who is going to be the goalkeeper.

"Fulham is always hard to play against. They have a clear identity. They are really comfortable because they have the experience, they understand the league. They will feel comfortable and relaxed, so it is going to be a tough match."

United 'advancing' with Lammens talks

Meanwhile, The Athletic has reported that United are in advanced talks to sign Lammens. The report claims that the Reds were not planning to sign a new goalkeeper unless Onana was sold, but Bayindir's display against the Gunners has changed things.

It's said that the Belgian outfit want around €20m (£17.3m) for Lammens, and negotiations are progressing between the clubs. The Athletic adds that, earlier in the window, United made a loan offer for Emi Martinez and rejected the chance to sign Gianluigi Donnarumma due to his high wage demands.

Read full news in source page