cominghomenewcastle.sbnation.com

Eddie Howe Admits Alexander Isak Saga Has Newcastle in ‘Lose-Lose Situation’

Eddie Howe has admitted Newcastle United are caught in a “lose-lose situation” as Alexander Isak’s future continues to dominate everything around Tyneside.

The Sweden international will not feature against Liverpool on Monday after being left out of the squad for the opening draw at Aston Villa.

Howe revealed he has not spoken to Isak since the striker’s explosive social media post on Tuesday, in which he accused the club of “broken promises” and declared the relationship “can’t continue.”

“I don’t think we can come out of this winning in any situation,” Howe said. “It’s a sad moment. These things being made public doesn’t reflect well on us, or Alex. It’s been an unfortunate few months that looks like it will come to an end pretty quickly.”

Isak has been training away from the first team since pre-season and remains determined to secure a move to Liverpool, who saw a £110m bid rejected earlier this month. Newcastle are holding firm to their valuation of closer to £150m and will not sanction a sale without securing two strikers first.

Howe, however, insisted the door remains open for reconciliation.

“If Alex decided to come back and play for us the players would welcome him back,” Howe said. “He’s an outstanding player and a very good character. But if he is to play again, he has to be totally committed.”

The club continue to pursue Brentford’s Yoane Wissa and Wolves’ Jorgen Strand Larsen but have yet to reach an agreement with either club.

Making things worse and painting a dark, worst-case scenario, Howe conceded he may have to enter the season without a new centre-forward.

[0 Comments](/newcastle-united-team-news/18192/eddie-howe-admits-alexander-isak-saga-has-newcastle-in-lose-lose-situation#comments)

See More:

* [Newcastle United Team News](/newcastle-united-team-news)

Read full news in source page