sportsmole.co.uk

Could Bruno leave? Saudi outfit in discussions over 'shock' Fernandes move

Al-Ittihad are reportedly pushing to sign Manchester United attacker Bruno Fernandes before the end of the summer transfer window, with a meeting said to have taken place between the Saudi outfit and the player's camp.

Fernandes has twice been linked with big-money moves to Saudi Arabia this summer; Al-Hilal are thought to have made an approach towards the start of the market, before Al-Nassr attempted to sign him.

However, the Portugal international rejected the chance to move to the Saudi Pro League in order to stay with Man United, as he is determined to help the Red Devils through a turbulent period.

Al-Nassr head coach Jorge Jesus recently said that Fernandes has made the decision to stay at Old Trafford.

"I wanted to [sign him], but Bruno is determined to stay,” Jesus told Sport Informa. “We already talked last year. This year I knew he had made the decision to continue with [Ruben] Amorim."

Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes on July 19, 2025

Al-Ittihad 'pushing to sign' Man United captain Fernandes

However, according to The Sun, Al-Ittihad are now pushing to bring him to Saudi Arabia.

The report claims that Fernandes's camp have already met with representatives from Al-Ittihad, and the 30-year-old is open to making the move to the club before the end of the transfer window.

Fernandes is said to be demanding a contract worth £33m a year, which is unlikely to be a problem for the Saudi team, and a transfer before the end of the market is said to be a serious possibility.

"I've always said I will be here until the club says to me that it's time to go. I'm eager to do more, to be able to bring the club the great days," Fernandes told reporters earlier this summer.

"In the day that the club thinks that I'm too much or it's time to part ways, football is like this, you never know it. But I've always said it and I keep my word in the same way. If the club thinks it's time to part ways because they want to do some cashing in or whatever, it's what it is, and football sometimes is like this."

Manchester United's Bruno Fernandes on May 1, 2025

Will Fernandes leave Man United this month?

It is incredibly difficult to imagine Fernandes leaving before the end of the transfer window, but considering the money on offer from Saudi Arabia, it is not impossible.

Fernandes is Man United's captain and most important player, but if the 20-time English champions are offered a significant transfer fee, potentially around £100m, then the club's resolve will be tested.

The Portugal international has been one of Man United's best-ever signings, scoring 98 goals and registering 86 assists in 291 appearances for the club since his arrival from Sporting Lisbon in 2020.

Last season, Fernandes scored 19 goals and registered 19 assists in 57 appearances, and he played the full 90 minutes of Man United's 2025-26 Premier League opener against Arsenal last weekend.

ID:579918:1false2false3false: from db desktop :LenBod:collect4406:

Read full news in source page