manchesterworld.uk

Fabrizio Romano: Man Utd have 'no concrete movements ongoing' to sign 'very good player'

Manchester United manager Ruben Amorim.placeholder image

Manchester United manager Ruben Amorim. | Getty Images

Manchester United are looking at adding a few more players to Ruben Amorim's squad before the September 1 transfer deadline

Manchester United still want to sign a new goalkeeper and a new midfielder before the transfer window shuts with the Red Devils keen to offload several stars before the September 1 transfer deadline.

Ruben Amorim has added some attacking quality to his ranks with deals done for Bryan Mbeumo, Matheus Cunha and Benjamin Sesko. All three players made their competitive debuts in last weekend’s 1-0 home loss to Arsenal.

The Red Devils have since been linked with alternatives for Baleba, including Angelo Stiller of Stuttgart and Sporting CP’s Morten Hjulmand - who played under Amorim in Portugal.

Fabrizio Romano gives update on Man Utd pursuit of Angelo Stiller

Giving an update on United’s pursuit of Stiller, transfer expert Fabrizio Romano revealed that nothing is advanced in terms of a move for the Bundesliga man.

“Angelo Stiller is a very good player, but Stuttgart message is very clear, they want the player to stay this summer, they are not entertaining posts with any club, so at the moment Stuttgart are very relaxed about the situation of Angelo Stiller.

“They have not received any call on any approach from Manchester United, and what Stuttgart say is if you want a player with basically seven, eight days to go, you need to start reach out, you need to start making contact, and so Stuttgart are very relaxed.

“Let's see what happens guys with Manchester United midfield, but at the moment for Angelo Stiller no concrete movements ongoing with Manchester United.”

Casemiro is Ruben Amorim first choice for defensive midfield role

Former Real Madrid man Casemiro enjoyed a stellar first campaign for United but the last two years have been up and down for the Brazilian. However, it was reported earlier this week he is now the first choice defensive midfielder for Amorim.

Whether Amorim will be happy if that continues to be the case after the transfer window shuts remains to be seen.

Speaking about the player in March as the Brazilian started to force his way back into Amorim’s starting XI, the United boss said: "I think I'm also learning how to use players like Casemiro and, like you said, without a lot of options, we are trying to put our players in the best positions and that helps us a lot.

"So I'm trying to find the best solution for the team, and that helps us to play all the time with the same team. It was hard, sometimes we lost some pace in the end of the games, but we are learning.

"I think Casemiro gave us a little bit of calm. Sometimes, he takes a little bit long when he was not playing too much, you feel it in the game against Newcastle. The pace was not there but he is giving that first moment of build-up, and then you can push Bruno [Fernandes] near the goal, so he's dangerous there."

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page