manchesterworld.uk

Fabrizio Romano: Man Utd 'talks ongoing' for star's exit as club 'trying their best' to secure Red Devils man

Manchester United have a number of players they wish to sell this summerplaceholder image

Manchester United have a number of players they wish to sell this summer | Getty Images

Manchester United have several players they want to sell before the September 1 transfer deadline

As the transfer deadline approaches, Manchester United still have several players at the club who want to leave.

So far, Marcus Rashford is the only player to have secured a move away after he was one of five squad members who informed the club of their desire to exit United this summer.

Rashford has joined La Liga champions Barcelona on loan for the duration of the 2025-26 season. The Spanish club have agreed to pay his full wages, saving United around £14m that will help them balance the books.

Real Betis trying to sign Antony

In an update on Antony’s future, transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Spanish side Real Betis are still in the frame for the Brazilian. The La Liga side signed the former Ajax on loan in January.

Antony became a man reborn at the Seville-based club, with nine goals and five assists in 26 appearances. In 96 games for United, he scored 12 goals and provided just five assists.

Taking to X, Romano said: “Real Betis are still working on deal to sign Antony from Manchester United. Talks are ongoing to agree terms and try get green light on deal structure. Betis, trying their best for Antony’s comeback.”

Betis’ biggest issue in signing Antony is financial. United need a sale of around £32.5m to avoid making a loss on Antony when accounting for profit and sustainability. Ahead of the summer, there were hopes that they could get as high as £40m following his upturn in form for Betis. That has not materialised, however.

However, the La Liga side have missed out on Champions League football and do not have the funds to meet United’s demands. It remains to be seen what structure they can offer.

Ruben Amorim would welcome Antony and others back

Speaking in his pre-match press conference ahead of United’s clash with Fulham, Amorim said he would welcome back any players who do not secure a move before the transfer deadline.

The United boss admitted: "I know that it's not a good thing to have players in this situation, but it's clear they want to play in a different club.

"So, we try to arrange everything for both parts to be happy, I have to try to have the training with the guys that I think are going to be the future.

"Then the other guys are training and preparing for the next chapter.

"When the window is closed, it's a different history. When the window is closed, we have to receive the players and then a new life. Anything can happen."

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page