standard.co.uk

Transfer news LIVE! Spurs back in for Savinho; Man Utd close in on Lammens; Isak to Liverpool; Chelsea latest

Composite image of Senne Lammens, Savinho, and Alexander Isak

Targets: Senne Lammens, Savinho, Alexander Isak

We are into the home stretch of the summer transfer window, and there are still plenty of huge deals in the works, with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham all working hard. The Gunners have announced the signing of Eberechi Eze and the £67.5million man, who should be the final incoming at the club, was unveiled to supporters on Saturday.

Tottenham have renewed their interest in Manchester City winger Savinho after missing out on a mvoe for Eze, and also hold an interest in Morgan Rogers, Nico Paz and Maghnes Akliouche. Liverpool continue to hold hope of signing Alexander Isak amid growing confidence that a deal worth £130million can be struck after the Premier League champions face much-maligned Newcastle on Monday evening. Before that, interest in Marc Guehi remains as Crystal Palace face losing another key player.

Chelsea continue to convince clubs to sign their out-of-favour squad players with Renato Veiga moving to Villarreal, and they hope to offload Nicolas Jackson to fund deals for Alejandro Garnacho and Xavi Simons, while Roma are showing an interest in Tyrique George. Manchester United have been linked with Senne Lammens, Angelo Stiller, Lucien Agoume and Chelsea's Andrey Santos! Follow the latest transfer news, gossip and rumours live below!

Latest transfer news headlines

Anselmino to Borussia Dortmund

Chelsea centre-back Aaron Anselmino is set to join Borussia Dortmund on loan.

The deal is for a simple one-year loan with no option to buy, as the Argentine is in Enzo Maresca’s long-term plans.

The Bundesliga outfit will cover his wages.

Tottenham back in for Savinho

Tottenham will renew their interest in Man City winger Savinho after their move to sign Ebere Eze was hijacked by Arsenal.

They are prepared to spend as much as €70m (£60.6m) to get the deal over the line, but City are not thought to be keen to sell.

This one could go down to the wire...

Savinho

London Standard

Lammens talks proceeding

Manchester United are making progress in their move to sign Senne Lammens of Royal Antwerp.

According to Fabrizio Romano, they are in talks over a move worth €20m plus add-ons, though Antwerp hope to bring in closer to €25m.

His signing is not thought to be linked to Andre Onana’s future.

Man Utd begin Senne Lammens negotiations

Manchester United have started negotiations with Royal Antwerp for Senne Lammens.

United are said to have offered £14.7million (€17million) plus add-ons.

However, Antwerp are now asking for close to £21.6m (€25m).

Arteta hails Eze signing

Mikel Arteta says Eberechi Eze can create “magic moments” for Arsenal after completing his transfer.

Eze’s move from Arsenal’s London rivals Crystal Palace was officially announced on Saturday after a deal worth worth £60million upfront, plus £7.5m in add-ons was struck between the two clubs earlier in the week.

The 27-year-old was presented to supporters at the Emirates Stadium before kick-off against Leeds United.

Wissa absence explained

As expected there was no place in the Brentford squad against Aston Villa for forward Yoane Wissa, who is pushing for a move away from the club.

"I felt it was right for the group," said Keith Andrews.

"We needed a group today that was absolutely committed to showing what we're about. Identity, what this club is and how it's been built.

“I felt it was the right decision not to include Yoane today."

Slot speaks on Leoni

Arne Slot has given his verdict on Liverpool’s signing of centre-back Giovanni Leoni from Parma.

"If you look at his transfer fee, you can expect that he is already quite grown up for his age – and that’s exactly what I saw,” the Dutchman said.

“He is tall, fast, comfortable on the ball. There’s a reason why we paid the transfer fee we did, because we see him as a bright prospect."

Spurs prepare Paz bid

After missing out on Eberechi Eze to Arsenal, Tottenham are readying a bid of €70million for Como midfielder Nico Paz.

That’s according to Fichjaes, as Spurs scramble for alternatives to the former Crystal Palace man.

Man City looking to trump Man Utd to key signing

Man City have entered the race for Royal Antwerp goalkeeper Senne Lammens, according to The Sun.

The report claims that City could move for the shot-stopper with Ederson linked with a move away from the club.

However, Manchester United are in talks to sign the Belgian as they look to strengthen their goalkeeping ranks.

Read full news in source page