manchesterworld.uk

Man Utd transfer exit could accelerate on Monday as star has 'given his approval' to move

A corner flag is seen during the Premier League match between Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford on January 14, 2024 in Manchester, England.placeholder image

A corner flag is seen during the Premier League match between Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford on January 14, 2024 in Manchester, England. | Getty Images

Manchester United are looking to sell a number of players before the transfer deadline

Manchester United have a crucial week in the transfer window as they look to conclude their final pieces of business before the September 1 deadline.

The Red Devils are in the market for a new goalkeeper and new midfielder but have a large number of exits they need to finalise in order to balance the books. The club have spent over £200m and without European football this season, sales are required to remain on the right side of the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules.

Rasmus Hojlund gives approval to Napoli move

According to Corriere Dello Sport, Hojlund is Napoli’s top target to bolster their striker position. He was previously wanted by AC Milan but they have instead signed Victor Boniface from Bayer Leverkusen.

Talks for the player’s exit could ‘take off’ in the coming days per the report and Monday “could be the key day to determine the outcome of the negotiations.” Hojlund has given his approval for the move to Naples.

However, personal terms are not yet agreed and neither is a deal between the clubs. United want a permanent exit but would accept a loan with an obligation to buy. The obligation to buy would see the Red Devils have a guaranteed transfer fee in 12 months. Unlike, Rashford’s move to Barcelona which is simply an option to buy.

Ruben Amorim on Rasmus Hojlund

Speaking ahead of Sunday’s Premier League game with Fulham, Amorim was asked about Hojlund’s future and said: “Let’s wait and see when the market closes and then everything will be clear.”

Amorim said the player reacted like a professional to being dropped from the squad against Arsenal last weekend. Hojlund remains in training with the squad, unlike the likes of Garnacho and Sancho but Amorim has said he will welcome back any players who don’t secure a move before the transfer deadline.

He said: “We try to arrange everything for both parts to be happy, so I have to try to imagine to have the training with the guys that I think are going to be the future and the other guys are training and preparing for the next chapter.

"When the window is closed, it’s a different history, when the window is closed, we have to receive the players and in a new life, anything can happen."

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page