geordiebootboys.com

Liverpool dealt harsh reality about Alexander Isak's £150m price tag as Newcastle United owners …

Luke Edwards has shared a new update on Newcastle United’s stance on selling Alexander Isak this summer, with a clear message from the ownership.

The Magpies have enjoyed a positive summer transfer window, with four quality senior players coming through the door and hope that at least one more can arrive before the window closes.

However, the story of the summer has been on Alexander Isak’s future at Newcastle United, with the striker making it clear that he wants to leave the club this summer.

Isak released a statement claiming promises had been broken and that he had lost trust as a result. Newcastle are not willing sellers, whoever, with reports that Isak has been told he will not leave this summer.

With Isak standing firm on his intentions to leave, Luke Edwards has made it crystal clear what he is hearing out of the club with just eight days left in the transfer window.

Alexander Isak waving during a Premier League game between Newcastle United and Crystal Palace.

Photo by Sebastian Frej/MB Media/Getty Images

PIF insist Alexander Isak will not leave Newcastle United unless a serious offer is made

The feeling is that two strikers will need to be signed by Newcastle before Isak can even consider leaving, so the Sweden international’s public message meant effectively nothing.

Newcastle legend Alan Shearer is livid with Isak and suggested he should sack his agent for the handling of the transfer saga. Elsewhere, Wayne Rooney said he would not welcome Isak back to Newcastle if he were his teammate.

PIF have already told Isak that he will not be leaving this summer, and Edwards has confirmed that is still the case as the transfer window enters its final week.

MORE NEWCASTLE STORIES

Edwards says that Isak’s £150m price tag was designed to send the message that he was not for sale. In reality, any offer in excess of that amount would be considered above market value by PIF.

If they alter their transfer stance now, it will make the club look weak, so Liverpool or any other interested team must pay the £150m or wait until the next transfer window.

What Eddie Howe said about Alexander Isak before Liverpool clash

While Newcastle are preparing for an exciting Premier League clash against Liverpool, Isak is training on his own and will not play against the team so interested in him.

While the relationship has broken down, Eddie Howe is still hopeful that a resolution can be found and the 25-year-old can return to first-team training and subsequently the starting XI.

There is no doubting that a lot of quality is lost when Isak does not play, as well as a large portion of goals. Isak scored 23 Premier League goals last season, significantly more than any of his teammates.

“I haven’t seen him this week but when I see him we speak as normal, there are no issues there,” said Howe in his press conference on Friday.

“It’s a difficult situation from both sides and it’s far from ideal for both parties.

“When we bump into each other we speak, but as I say I’ve not seen him this week as he’s training later on and detached from the group. We will catch up at some stage and hopefully speak soon.”

Read full news in source page