Transfer targets: Rodrygo, Senne Lammens and Alexander Isak
The summer transfer window has now entered its final week with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United among the club looking to get some big deals over the line. The Gunners may have confirmed the signing of Eberechi Eze over the weekend, but business has not slowed down amid an agreement with Shamrock Rovers for starlet Victor Ozhianvuna.
Liverpool's pursuit of Alexander Isak could become clearer after the two sides meet at St James’ Park tonight. Elsewhere, the Premier League champions remain interested in Crystal Palace captain Marc Guehi but that deal looks difficult to complete as the two clubs are far apart over a transfer fee.
Meanwhile, Tottenham now must seek alternatives after missing out on Eze but have reportedly seen a bid for Nicolas Paz rejected. However, they could be closing in on the signing of Savinho with Manchester City tipped to bring in Rodrygo as a replacement. Manchester United have been handed a massive boost for Senne Lammens and Chelsea are set to complete a double deal. Follow the latest transfer news, gossip and rumours live below!
Royal Antwerp appear to have accepted they will be losing Senne Lammens before the summer transfer window closes amid interest from Manchester United.
Man United are understood to be in talks with Antwerp about a move for their goalkeeper.
Lammens was left out of the Antwerp squad for their 2-1 win over Mechelen.
Whether that means a definitive decision has been made remains to be seen, but Antwerp certainly did not want to risk a potential deal by selecting the 23-year-old.
BELGA MAG/AFP via Getty Images
Rodrygo latest
Real Madrid winger Rodrygo is a name to keep an eye on in the final week of the summer transfer window.
Tipped to leave the Spanish giants amid links to Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool, the Brazilian reportedly has an £86.6million price-tag on his head.
When discussing Rodrygo's future on Sunday, journalist Fabrizio Romano feels the 24-year-old's future is linked to what happens with Man City winger Savinho.
He said: “My feeling is that for Man City, the only way to open doors for Savinho to go is if they find the right replacement.
“The player they want remains Rodrygo from Real Madrid but Rodrygo is very expensive – more than €100m [£86.6m]. He has a big salary, Rodrygo is very happy at Real Madrid, so it’s a deal to build.
“I always told you about Man City wanting Rodrygo, but you have to build this one. By ‘build’ I mean salary, convincing the player, and also the fee for Real Madrid. This is not something you close in 24 hours.”
Getty Images
Double medical booked
Chelsea’s list of summer outgoings is set to continue growing as Carney Chukwuemeka and Aaron Anselmino both close in on moves to Borussia Dortmund, writes Dom Smith.
Chukwuemeka is set to rejoin the Bundesliga outfit permanently after spending six months on loan there last season, while Anselmino is set for a simple loan move with no option to buy.
Both players have been given permission to travel for their medicals, which are pencilled in for today.
Composite image of Aaron Anselmino and Carney Chukwuemeka
Composite image of Aaron Anselmino and Carney Chukwuemeka
Victor Ozhianvuna agrees to join Arsenal
Arsenal are set to sign Shamrock Rovers starlet Victor Ozhianvuna in a record sale for the League of Ireland, writes Simon Collings.
Ozhianvuna, 16, will sign a pre-contract agreement and is due to join up with the Gunners in January of 2027, after his 18th birthday.
He is set to sign a four-and-a-half-year deal, which is expected to be announced later this week.
Reports in Ireland set the fee at €2million (£1.73m), eclipsing the record set when Mason Melia joined Tottenham from St Patrick’s Athletic for £1.5m earlier this year.